Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Almost feel sorry for Arsenal. Played a blinder with 11 and again with 10. But then it’s Arteta, so I can’t be too arsed. 

It is effective and they are brilliant at it. But fuck me. I find them dull as fuck to watch with a lead. Did the same thing against Spurs with 11 once a goal up. So drilled that they just give up on attacking, shut everything down defensively and then shithouse their way to the win. 

Would obviously love it if we were good enough to start doing similar again! But it is grim to watch as a neutral. 

13 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

About to say Milan have made some good signings but then Emerson appeared.

Did enjoy this from Horncastle about Emerson.

"His €15million signing from Tottenham Hotspur looks like the biggest donation in the history of Fondazione Milan as the club charitably tries to make his wish to become a footballer come true"

59 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

This made me laugh in the game 😀

Spotted that too and it was quite funny but also fair play to the lad for flying in there defending his teammates, loved that.

Got to say the game reminded me a bit of our game vs PSG, bar the dodgy ref decision for the pen. More in the terms of defending a lead for such a long time against all odds, and then concede deep into extra time. I got that deja vu even before the goal, so I almost had that feeling that there would be an equalizer very late.