Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Mental that Macguire is still the guy despite their repeated efforts to replace him.

Remember when they tried to pay him off to join West Ham? Mental.

3 minutes ago, vexred said:

They're in a weird place. Is it worth paying the £17M to get rid of ETH, to replace him with Ruud? Or do they try and get someone live Tuchel? Tricky. 

It'll be Southgate or Potter imo.

They cant afford (PSR wise) to pay him off and buy a manager out by all accounts.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Ten Hag is very good at saving his ass only to buy himself more time to keep them in the dirt. That's his speciality.

And winning trophies. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

And winning trophies. 

That's just a part of the buying himself time to keep you in the dirt. If he didn't win cups, he would risk that you replace him with someone who is competent.

Edited by Erikse

Just buys him a bit more time in all honesty. I think most neutral fans know he's just about done there now, it's all just a matter of when, not if, he goes now. He's been a dead man walking for months now, the Cup Final shock stalled things for a bit but he's now reverting to the norm. Man U in mid-table mediocrity isn't sustainable for him

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

This is it, hopefully they beat Villa at the weekend and he continues to stumble on. Want him there as long as possible

auld Jim has a hardon for Southgate so I wouldn’t worry 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

If he stays the whole season we finish above them. Keep him there.  

He won’t last the month never mind the season. I’m sceptical he’ll even last the week. If Southgate is who they want we’ll finish above them anyway. Their squad is shite and a couple of signings in summer doesn’t change that much 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

He won’t last the month never mind the season. I’m sceptical he’ll even last the week. If Southgate is who they want we’ll finish above them anyway. Their squad is shite and a couple of signings in summer doesn’t change that much 

Man U don’t have a sacking culture, in their minds they think he can turn this around and become Alex Ferguson. 

22 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Savage trying to spin tonight’s events as a positive is funny

I didn’t see the Man U game - been watching a recording of the Spurs match. We had a pretty young lineup and I presumed Man U would do the same. Our average age in the starting lineup - 23.5. Theirs - 26.6 :lol: