Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

One of my targets for NUFC this season is for us to do much better away against Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea but most importantly Liverpool.

Someone send this to EH now… Seems quite a detailed breakdown.

I’m still not over that Liverpool home loss last season.

30 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Read that, invite press and keep ball and play through the press doesnt seem to be thaaaat revolutionary, as it mentions the wide players drop inside to act as number 10s and help possession, all good, but that also does leave a certain right back being the only wide player, see that being an issue. That will be plan a against good teams, how they play against all the teams that have no intention of pressing and content with a draw will be what makes them a champions contender or not, I do expect them to be up there but also wouldn't be shocked if the loss of klopp hurts for a while. He'll probably start well get hailed as the new messiah and then be very mid for rest of season, just a feeling but we'll see

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

France Argentina coming up in the Olympics should be fun. France have Lacazette, Matetta and Olise as their stars, Argentina have Otemendi and Alvarez as theirs. 

Can never find any Olympic football. Is it via the bbc red button?

On 01/08/2024 at 16:18, SUPERTOON said:

That EBL is a total clown. Was ”worried” when Howe signed and pipped us to be relegated. And likes to praise every mid level player. Gravenberch was ”player without flaws” or smth

Just noticed the Scottish league starts today, that has to be one of the earliest starts in European Winter Leagues (Bar Denmark who have a 2 month winter break).

That feels a good 2 weeks early. 

34 minutes ago, 54 said:

Just noticed the Scottish league starts today, that has to be one of the earliest starts in European Winter Leagues (Bar Denmark who have a 2 month winter break).

2. Bundesliga started yesterday.

6 hours ago, 54 said:

Was a good game even though it was 0-0. Both teams had chances, Hearts new Costa Rican RB looks a beast.

On 01/08/2024 at 12:03, LFEE said:

Said a while ago I had a feeling Ange love in would end before 2nd season is finished. Will be interesting to see where Spurs are in 12 months and if I’m proven incorrect.

Guy's a tool. No way that approach is sustainable in the modern game.

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Guy's a tool. No way that approach is sustainable in the modern game.

Yeah, the John Sitton approach in 2024 is a bold choice. Players will eventually down tools with zero consequence.

On 01/08/2024 at 12:03, LFEE said:

Said a while ago I had a feeling Ange love in would end before 2nd season is finished. Will be interesting to see where Spurs are in 12 months and if I’m proven incorrect.

He comes across as someone giving it the 'big I am' and it feels shallow as a result. His attack on Spurs fans and the club itself over a completely unique situation vs Man City last season felt like he was using the while thing to project "I'm a winner and I'm surrounded by losers, woe is me". I just don't think he comes across as very authentic. 

I really hope things work out for Howe because I'm so glad we have someone who has no BS or baggage and represents the club brilliantly. 

@brummie what happened to you guys over there in the US? Lost all 3 games? were the performances good or are you worried? I know it's just about getting the fitness right at this time but I felt a bit down after we lost yesterday, you guys went out there and lost all 3, not a nice feeling unless you played great and we re narrowly beaten in all 3.