Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

Lol you lot need chill on VAR stuff.  Never a penalty.  You would be raging if that was given against us.

If it never hit Maguire’s hand, it would have hit Martial’s.

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Was trapped between 3 players.  Like you can make argument it was but to be saying its a conspiracy etc is bit far.

He's trapped as he's holding on to his team mate. He then misses the header, ball hits his arm and his team clear. It's an obvious error which he gained an advantage. It's a pen 

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Was trapped between 3 players.  Like you can make argument it was but to be saying its a conspiracy etc is bit far.

2 of those players are his own team mates, can't be given an allowance for that 

It's a blatant penalty, Forest being shite is irrelevant 

I think I've figured out the point of VAR - give the decision to whatever benefits the big six. That is why decisions take so long - they're working it out.

Edited by duo

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Nothing to be ashamed of. They lost their best defender after all.

They've had a great season regardless and are way ahead of schedule.

I dunno. I feel like they are in a similar position to ourselves. Albeit at a higher level. 

Looks like this was the perfect year to win the league. With Liverpool dropping right away and no real pressure from

the ‘big 6’ other than City. They’ve been relentless and been on crazy winning runs. I feel like we’re the same in regards to CL qualification. 

Also like ourselves. They don’t have a deep squad and it has seemed like

bar Jesus (where Nketiah covered for him admirably). They have been lucky with injuries all season. Right until Saliba got crocked. 

They will need heavy investment to compete in the CL and the league next season. Teams like Liverpool and Chelsea might do a bit better with only the league as the main focus. 

I only see more City domination for however long Pep wants to hang around for. Unless this FFP case against them actually results in some meaningful punishments. Which I’m skeptical about, to say the least. 

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I realise he's the match winner so far but Antony really is poor for an £80mil player

Just seems to have absolutely nothing about him

He skinned Burn about 30 times in our games against them this season. Yet somehow never actually went by him or created anything meaningful from it. 

Round and round in circles and constantly turning back. Must be infuriating for Man U fans. 

They’ve massively overpaid for him. 

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

He's trapped as he's holding on to his team mate. He then misses the header, ball hits his arm and his team clear. It's an obvious error which he gained an advantage. It's a pen 

At the same time, Point blank range pen given in the west ham game. Wilsons goal ruled out for hand ball when his hand is as tight to the body as possible. Yet an outstretched arm on own team mate isnt a pen. Pfft. Corrupt PL showing itself yet again, he would have gotten a card and be sent off. Cant have that with manu.