Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, worthy said:

At the same time, Point blank range pen given in the west ham game. Wilsons goal ruled out for hand ball when his hand is as tight to the body as possible. Yet an outstretched arm on own team mate isnt a pen. Pfft. Corrupt PL showing itself yet again, he would have gotten a card and be sent off. Cant have that with manu.

Newcastle have had more VAR decision go in their favour this season than we have. I think Brentford top the table and Fulham are second. There's no conspiracy. 

That said, it's was a pen for me. Nowhere near as stonewall as people on here are getting on, as he was under pressure and there was zero intention, but I'd be annoyed if it wasn't given at the other end. 

Forest are absolutely shite. 

Edited by Froggy

Just now, Froggy said:

Newcastle have had more VAR decision go in their favour this season than we have. I think Brentford top the table and Fulham are second. There's no conspiracy. 

That said, it's was a pen for me. Nowhere near as stonewall and people on here are getting on, as he was under pressure and there was zero intention, but I'd be annoyed if it wasn't given at the other end. 

Surely if we have more VAR decisions in our favour it means the actual referee decision in the first place was wrong ?

Christ knows why Sky still have Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Adds absolutely nothing in regards of analysis or entertainment and doesn't have links with any of the 4 teams playing today

Edited by joeyt

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

That said, it's was a pen for me. Nowhere near as stonewall as people on here are getting on, as he was under pressure and there was zero intention, but I'd be annoyed if it wasn't given at the other end. 

The number of VAR decisions each team get is irrelevant. The number of dodgy VAR decisions/non-decisions each team gets would be more interesting.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surely if we have more VAR decisions in our favour it means the actual referee decision in the first place was wrong ?

If you've had more VAR decisions in your favour it means you've had more VAR decisions in your favour. Look at it whatever way you want. 

If VAR is corrupt in favour of the big six as everyone suggests then the big 6 would have benefitted the most from VAR decisions. 

Just now, joeyt said:

Christ knows why Sky still have Kimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Adds absolutely nothing in regards of analysis or entertainment and doesn't have links with any of the 4 teams playing today

I’ve always thought the same thing. He doesn’t seem to know the basics. He even got the teams mixed up earlier on.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Froggy the point is surely how many scandalous VAR decisions have we had go in our favour like this?

I can't answer that. I've seen scandalous ones go against us this season though, as well as some scandalous ones in our favour. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

If you've had more VAR decisions in your favour it means you've had more VAR decisions in your favour. Look at it whatever way you want. 

If VAR is corrupt in favour of the big six as everyone suggests then the big 6 would have benefitted the most from VAR decisions. 

You posted that stat before and like the last time it’s not a statistic that means anything. You can’t quantify it that way. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Decisions always have gone the big six way - VAR was brought in to give them that extra layer of security.  If that pen was given this would be a different game.

Just now, Froggy said:

Aye but isn't the issue that our VAR decisions were correct ones, where as that one and the Spurs ones were laughably dismissed?

I agree the officials are awful. I agree there's no conspiracy. I don't agree that the so called "big six" don't get a subconscious bias.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Newcastle have had more VAR decision go in their favour this season than we have. I think Brentford top the table and Fulham are second. There's no conspirac

And if the VAR is correct then? That stat doesnt show anything if its wrong or right. Burn handball got vared, same Isak against Brentford. Maguire got away with it. Fernandes got away with a kick in the head with Schar. Its bullshit

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Don't buy big 6 corruption patter personally but I'm assuming those 'VAR decisions' don't include absolute clear and obvious errors that haven't been overturned?

Edited by HaydnNUFC

If the correct decision is made it’s not in “your favour” for one. Then you’d need to balance that out with ones that go against you, ones that don’t even get reviewed, the subjective nature of a decision. It’s completely meaningless