Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

This Luton side is much worse than the Derby team that set the record, I remember ourselves and Spurs were linked with Giles Barnes from them who was seen as the next big thing after his performances in the Championship. They also had Robert Earnshaw who was a quality Championship striker that had the pace and movement that made you think he could make the step up.

This Luton side doesn’t really have anything, Carlton Morris is a decent championship forward but his play is made for the rough and tumble of that league. Outside of that they don’t really have any sort of star player or someone you would look to for creativity.

They do have a quality manager in Rob Edwards but there is only so much polishing you can do with a turd. Luton will only be a stepping stone for him.

33 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

This Luton side is much worse than the Derby team that set the record, I remember ourselves and Spurs were linked with Giles Barnes from them who was seen as the next big thing after his performances in the Championship. They also had Robert Earnshaw who was a quality Championship striker that had the pace and movement that made you think he could make the step up.

This Luton side doesn’t really have anything, Carlton Morris is a decent championship forward but his play is made for the rough and tumble of that league. Outside of that they don’t really have any sort of star player or someone you would look to for creativity.

They do have a quality manager in Rob Edwards but there is only so much polishing you can do with a turd. Luton will only be a stepping stone for him.

A quick head count shows three starters tonight with Premier League experience, and I'm being generous with that description. 

They summer business has basically been; imagine we could buy anyone....in the Championship. I do feel sorry for them because I bet the fans were rightly elated when they went up, but I can't see anything but a long punishing summer.

Even tonight, they've found some joy in getting their wingbacks forward to cross, but there isn't enough quality on either end of the equation. Ryan Giles was probably one of the better left backs in the league last year, but he's seeing first hand how much better Premier League defenders are at reading deliveries. Meanwhile, Chelsea have Maatsen on the bench who was arguably the best LB in the Championship last season :lol:

Edited by Viana

22 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

:lol:

Oh man i can't stand chelsea and i want this team to crash and burn, but also there seems to be a critical mass of people who think Sterling is a bad player. He is brilliant, he's still only 28 ffs, I understand him wanting to go where a team would be built around him to leave city, but chelsea seems a mad choice. Still kinda hope he can prove his point.