Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Wish these commentators would shut the fuck up. Stop talking about the rules and laws of the game, should a pen be given for that? No it shouldn’t. The right decision in a footballing sense was reached. That’s all that matters

Just now, gbandit said:

The commentators are revelling in the drama of a refereeing controversy rather than thinking about whether it’s the right decision. What is happening to football 

Tbh I get the incredulity. I dunno if they're slagging off the decision, just understandably animated given the parallels with last night. Literally 24 hours later we've had a perfect example of the appalling inconsistency.

It was the right call there but fucking hell it ain't half another kick in the nuts for us.

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wish these commentators would shut the fuck up. Stop talking about the rules and laws of the game, should a pen be given for that? No it shouldn’t. The right decision in a footballing sense was reached. That’s all that matters

100%. Gifting the win for either team for that is not what football should be about.

I don't know about you, but the way Man Utd have scraped through so far this season I'm putting down a meaningful amount of money on FCK - Galatasaray drawing and Man Utd beating Bayern in an undeserved win with one goal margin next round.

8 hours ago, gbandit said:

The commentators are revelling in the drama of a refereeing controversy rather than thinking about whether it’s the right decision. What is happening to football 

It's like they're trying to replace the excitement we got from goals etc with VAR and bed refereeing as we can't even celebrate most goals properly now.. its ridiculous.  People are the top are going to ruin football.

Edited by WideopenMag

MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!! I can't imagine how Eddie and the players are feeling!!

I think they'll have a fire in their belly against AC Milan and I can see us absolutely twatting them. 

Edited by Lish007

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Sad Vince Mcmahon GIF by Justin

:lol:

I didn't realise he's still a free agent. Not sure what his plan is, but a triumphant return after EtH gets the heave-ho would be amusing. He's only 33, couple years left at top level surely.

Though probably will end up at Inter Miami or in Saudi.

Just now, TaylorJ_01 said:

:lol:

I didn't realise he's still a free agent. Not sure what his plan is, but a triumphant return after EtH gets the heave-ho would be amusing. He's only 33, couple years left at top level surely.

Though probably will end up at Inter Miami or in Saudi.

All joking aside we needed to move on from De Gea. He wasn't without his errors and was on a monster contract. 

While Onana's ability to play out from the back is massively overstated, De Gea's ability to play out from the back was non-existent and he frequently just booted it into row Z.

De Gea was capable of making saves though so there is that. 

De Gea was the best shot stopper (Along with Alisson) in the league for a good 5 years or so. I get the need for keepers to play out from the back, but sometimes keepers just need to be good at what they're there for, and this Onana situation is a very good example of that.