Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'm not on SkySports but the feed I'm on that's all they're talking about. That they didn't look at it. Doesn't even look close to me anyway. 

I'm pretty sure that the Zinchenko picture was stopped when they brought out the VAR replay thing and it was close, would be absolutely stunned if they didn't look at it closer first before moving on to Nketiah. 

Just now, Pata said:

I'm pretty sure that the Zinchenko picture was stopped when they brought out the VAR replay thing and it was close, would be absolutely stunned if they didn't look at it closer first before moving on to Nketiah. 

They just showed a pic of it now in the after match chat, with the lines drawn, and Zinchenko was well onside.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They just showed a pic of it now in the after match chat, with the lines drawn, and Zinchenko was well onside.

Yup, even the pundits can be so simple if they honestly thought VAR didn't look at it. Nothing surprising from @Froggy and @Mike tbh 

Edited by Pata

35 minutes ago, KaKa said:

As if every fan base doesn't have a few goof balls. Never understood all the fuss about the Arsenal Fan TV bunch. At the end of the day they're all still fans of the club and just as valid as anyone else.

there’s a little bit of casual

racism I think when people have a go at arsenal fans tv (I’m not talking is just in general - some people don’t like the multiethnic London slang and swagger and there’s probably a reason behind that. And I think something we should defend because at it’s heart it’s also anti working class)

Edited by OCOCOL

Not seen loads of Man Utd but thought Antony was by far their worst player today and wasn’t much better against Palace. Plays like a shit, out of form Mahrez as he’s not fast enough just to burn someone.

Just now, OCOCOL said:

there’s a little bit of casual

racism I think when people have a go at arsenal fans tv (I’m not talking is just in general - some people don’t like the multiethnic London slang and swagger and there’s probably a reason behind that. And I’ve we should defend because at it’s heart it’s also anti working class)

I think it's probably just a bit grating because a lot of people just aren't familiar with that culture.

I don't know man ... I mean can you imagine if this whole forum were in a studio instead saying some of the things we post on here?! It would be nuts :lol:

It's basically what Arsenal Fan TV and a lot of those sorts of channels are. Its the rawest form of fan support, so it's going to be a lot more intense.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

My favourite thing about him is his temperament man. Just a chilled out, happy, positive guy, and still a lethal footballer. Completely destroys this dumb narrative that you have to be out there on the pitch charging about aggressively like some mad man to show passion etc.

Seem like a bunch of (supremely talented) kids playing. Even during that interview they just seemed like high school students or something, rather than millionaire sports stars.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Not seen loads of Man Utd but thought Antony was by far their worst player today and wasn’t much better against Palace. Plays like a shit, out of form Mahrez as he’s not fast enough just to burn someone.

Well today was one of his better performances so that should tell you what you need to know. 

Just now, Froggy said:

Well today was one of his better performances so that should tell you what you need to know. 

Aye, he’ll probably pick up next season once he’s more used to the league but that transfer fee (which seemed wild at the time) isn’t getting any better. 

2 minutes ago, Beren said:

Seem like a bunch of (supremely talented) kids playing. Even during that interview they just seemed like high school students or something, rather than millionaire sports stars.

Yeah, a good friend of mine is familiar with some of the guys at Arsenal, and apparently that's really what they're like. The youngsters are apparently very close and hang out together all the time, but doing the most simple things like watching movies and playing video games. Apparently all really good kids.

7 minutes ago, Disco said:

Agree. Can’t say I’ve seen him at all pre Man Utd. What am I missing as I’ve seen nothing in him other than a couple of albeit lovely but identical goals from distance? £80m+ was the fee wasn’t it? 

Which reminds me how is Pepe doing this season?

Just now, LFEE said:

Agree. Can’t say I’ve seen him at all pre Man Utd. What am I missing as I’ve seen nothing in him other than a couple of albeit lovely but identical goals from distance? £80m+ was the fee wasn’t it? 

Same bar the odd CL highlights roundup. Was expecting a lot more.  

:lol: had completely forgotten he existed. Couldn’t even tell you where he plays.

Really good little cameo from Trossard today I thought, and it proved to be a key substitution.

Martinelli was full of energy and running, but lacked a bit of subtlety at times, in releasing the ball at the right time and also misplacing some passes. Wan Bissaka is also really tough to beat one on one and so he couldn't really cause as many problems that way either.

Trossard was instrumental in that last move that gets the goal and also did a good job maintaining possession at the end to see out the game. Think he'll do really well for them.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Pepe is at Nice, and he's been quite average. Was a really shocking signing by Arsenal man. Crazy money.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Same bar the odd CL highlights roundup. Was expecting a lot more.  

:lol: had completely forgotten he existed. Couldn’t even tell you where he plays.

Pepe on loan to Nice it seems. 6 goals in 16. Decent. Wonder where is career will go next season.

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think it's probably just a bit grating because a lot of people just aren't familiar with that culture.

I don't know man ... I mean can you imagine if this whole forum were in a studio instead saying some of the things we post on here?! It would be nuts :lol:

It's basically what Arsenal Fan TV and a lot of those sorts of channels are. Its the rawest form of fan support, so it's going to be a lot more intense.

Def a bit of casual racism going on with the dislike of AFTV and fan media. You can hate Troopz all you like but if you really listen to what he’s saying, it’s all 100% correct. He’s saying the same thing as everyone else but just in layman’s terms and for some reason that’s frowned upon. I really don’t understand it. For me, all the fan media has been a breath of fresh air and I’m 100% for it. 

2 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Def a bit of casual racism going on with the dislike of AFTV and fan media. You can hate Troopz all you like but if you really listen to what he’s saying, it’s all 100% correct. He’s saying the same thing as everyone else but just in layman’s terms and for some reason that’s frowned upon. I really don’t understand it. For me, all the fan media has been a breath of fresh air and I’m 100% for it. 

As far as the whole racism thing, only they themselves will know if that's the case, so good luck to them if it is. I don't even bother discussing such things anymore because it is honestly so utterly pathetic, I refuse to even acknowledge it.

But yeah, regardless of how those guys might come across there's no denying they love the club and they put a heck of a lot of time into all the stuff they do on that channel and clearly spend a ton of money on all sorts of merchandise and going to the matches etc. They may be a bit over the top, but hey, loads of fans are, it's probably a truer representation of what fans are really like.

19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Really good little cameo from Trossard today I thought, and it proved to be a key substitution.

Thought to myself today after he came on “fuck me he’s going to be perfect for Arsenal” :lol: 

He brings something else to them, another dimension, that they don’t have currently. They’re a lovely passing side but they have needed someone like him who is completely comfortable carrying the ball 50+ yards himself and letting the play develop around him before passing (like it did for their goal). 

He might be the exact shot in the arm they needed to get the title over the line. El certainly be an important part of it, if they do.