Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

14 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Kravadonna is the goat, would kill for us to get him 

Only seen him two or three times but Messi-like? Just the way he sent like five defenders flailing for that goal reminded me of the great man. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Only seen him two or three times but Messi-like? Just the way he sent like five defenders flailing for that goal reminded me of the great man. 

Yeah the way he shifts his body weight is absolutely sexual. He’s so good 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

PSG are so shit to watch considering the quality of their squad, it’s bizarre 

I just don’t get them - it’s defo the attitude of some of their senior pros - I would get rid of the likes of Marquinhos and Veratti to begin with, then Neymar 

For me the PSG project can only work if the core of the team is French 

7 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Yeah that elegant style on the ball, totally agree. I’d pay him 200k a week, literally couldn’t care less. He’s him

If Napoli win the league then the bloke that signed him needs a statue 

Just now, Mikky said:

I just don’t get them - it’s defo the attitude of some of their senior pros - I would get rid of the likes of Marquinhos and Veratti to begin with, then Neymar 

For me the PSG project can only work if the core of the team is French 

I agree that there’s something fundamentally wrong with the connection players have to the club, they’ve been brought in on ridiculous wages, playing against weaker teams every single week. I imagine a lot of them have just given up a bit. You look at Mbappe and he clearly cares so much but most of them appear to care less. You’re probably right that they need more homegrown players, mainly, they need players who desperately want to play for them and not just pick up the best wages out there to win a relatively lowly competitive league each season 

10 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

He cost next to nowt as well, something like 8m. Probably worth 15 times that now.

Edit to add - this is one of the ways we can hopefully drive revenue more and get around FFP in the future. Quality scouting and data analysis to land players of this ilk from markets like Eastern Europe for smaller sums, with the odd sale of one or two for many times what we paid.

12 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

They basically gave away the likes of Coman, Nkunku and Diaby to pay billions for others, pure mugs

Which was the point I was just about to make…

Paris is an absolute goldmine in terms of talent - a population of 12m or so with just 1  team 

12 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Edit to add - this is one of the ways we can hopefully drive revenue more and get around FFP in the future. Quality scouting and data analysis to land players of this ilk from markets like Eastern Europe for smaller sums, with the odd sale of one or two for many times what we paid.

There were people on here who knew. 

image.thumb.png.4037418a05b61b324ea4bd3d0e3b425b.png

It's definitely the type of transfers we need to be doing. Give me a relatively unknown Kvaratskhelia with bags of potential over your Lingards and Maddisons every day of the week. 

14 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

He cost next to nowt as well, something like 8m. Probably worth 15 times that now.

good little primer on his career before Napoli. Shows the worth of having awareness in these leagues. Obv Napoli lucked out slightly with the Ukraine war changing his career path.

Not a massive issue, and a bit pedantic, but how come the main Sky team are not at SJP today? They pretty much always present live from the 4.30pm venue (for the first game). I did think Newcastle vs Wolves was quite a strange choice for the prime 4.30pm slot, and there will be more general interest in Arsenal given where they are in the league, but just assumed they would have been up here from the start.

Edited by Paullow