Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Saw an interview with McGinn before today's game and when asked to summarise Emery's approach he said "detailed".

Feels like a Bruce to Howe move they've made, PFM dosser giving them a slap on the back and telling them to get amongst it to someone with a detailed, coherent tactical plan.

Speaking admittedly as someone who didn’t watch Brighton much, but I don’t get why people say he did amazing at Brighton. I think he had a good season and before that finished below Steve Bruce’s Newcastle. We all know Bruce didn’t have a clue but ‘on paper’ I don’t think his squad was better than Brighton’s.

Also I’m sure Chelsea’s problems go a lot deeper than a manager, but it hardly reflects well on him that they’re still underperforming this much despite the millions spent. 

3 hours ago, Pilko said:

Saw an interview with McGinn before today's game and when asked to summarise Emery's approach he said "detailed".

Feels like a Bruce to Howe move they've made, PFM dosser giving them a slap on the back and telling them to get amongst it to someone with a detailed, coherent tactical plan.

Listen to this genius from 6:20 till the end ...

Edited by KaKa

Shoe-horning Cucurella into this Chelsea team alongside James and Chillwell seems like a crazy decision. Potter is clearly not the right fit for Chelsea but TBF under this owner who would be ? 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Listen to this genius from 6:20 till the end ...

They’re missing a trick calling it ‘Talksport Drive’ when ‘Talksport Drivel’ would be more apt. Sherwood is right that terminology changes, what he doesn’t understand is that its application also changes. The fact he references foreign managers brainwashing the league tells you all you need to know. These people never look at themselves to see why things aren’t working, they only look externally

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They’re missing a trick calling it ‘Talksport Drive’ when ‘Talksport Drivel’ would be more apt. Sherwood is right that terminology changes, what he doesn’t understand is that its application also changes. The fact he references foreign managers brainwashing the league tells you all you need to know. These people never look at themselves to see why things aren’t working, they only look externally

Run a marathons worth of running every 3 days, afternoons off, get stuck in and hump it up is out of fashion then ? 

12 hours ago, Mikky said:

I wonder if anyone will go for Ivan Toney - guys the real deal 

Hmm..... I think he's found his right level now. I don't think he's quite good enough on the technical side to interest the CL clubs.

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

Very good point - if you don’t acknowledge your short comings you’ll never correct them and that applies in any profession.  

5 hours ago, Cronky said:

Hmm..... I think he's found his right level now. I don't think he's quite good enough on the technical side to interest the CL clubs.

18 goals for Brentford this season and only Kane and haarland have scored more goals away from home than him this season - what exactly do you want from him?

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hope Southampton win but Moyes stays in charge against us on Wednesday 

Same - if there’s no teams cut adrift at the bottom then there’s a bigger chance of Everton and West Ham to go down this season.

Edited by Gawalls

I reckon London clubs have 10-15k tourists wanting to see a Premier League game every weekend, and West Ham, being big, will be the easiest to get tickets for. Imagine their disappointment when they get there, though, and realise they're in the least 'English football' English football ground in the country.

If you look at the crowd at Spurs, too, you'll see there are tons of far east tourists there (prob in the hope of seeing Son).