Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, Rich said:

I wouldn't be, mind, you needed a draw here. Going to be out of the top six at this rate.

:lol:

Hoping our reserves can get us over the line, in all three competitions. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

:lol:

Hoping our reserves can get us over the line, in all three competitions. 

The injuries are a joke, but your schedule has been a joke. It's fucking madness. We'll suffer the same soon enough.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

The injuries are a joke, but your schedule has been a joke. It's fucking madness. We'll suffer the same soon enough.

I blame Ten Hag a lot for it if we're being serious. 

He has pretty much played his best team in every game. No rotation at all, and now everyone is dropping. We can still hang on with what we have but if someone like Bruno goes down next we are completely fucked. 

Not sure if there's a player who has more minutes across the top five leagues than Bruno, and that includes goalkeepers. 

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I blame Ten Hag a lot for it if we're being serious. 

He has pretty much played his best team in every game. No rotation at all, and now everyone is dropping. We can still hang on with what we have but if someone like Bruno goes down next we are completely fucked. 

Not sure if there's a player who has more minutes across the top five leagues than Bruno, and that includes goalkeepers. 

But when the pressure is so massive to win every single game and every single competition, you do basically need a squad that has maybe what? 18 players who are of a similar level? And every club bar perhaps Man City has players that can't be replaced.

It still comes back to the poor spending, for me, as you probably should have a City-esque squad with the money put into it, but I'm nowhere near as clued up as you'll be on it.

Unfortunately, I do think you've got a quality manager and he will probably get more flexible when he has better rotation options and a better first XI.

Just now, Rich said:

But when the pressure is so massive to win every single game and every single competition, you do basically need a squad that has maybe what? 18 players who are of a similar level? And every club bar perhaps Man City has players that can't be replaced.

It still comes back to the poor spending, for me, as you probably should have a City-esque squad with the money but I'm nowhere near as clued up as you'll be on it.

I don't think there's as much pressure on Ten Hag as people think. A lot of people didn't even think we'd finish in the top. Trophy is obviously great but if we didn't win one there wouldn't have been an uproar in his first season. 

It absolutely does come back to the poor spending though. And it's deeper than higher transfer fees. Phil Jones is still on £100k a week. Brandon Williams is on £65k a week. Sancho was made our third highest paid player ever behind De Gea and Ronaldo. :lol: he had just turned 22. :lol:

Some disgusting financial decisions made. Just pure desperation. 

15 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Wrexham drew. Howay Notts County

You seen the red? Just kicked the keeper in the face for no reason and then Parkinson got himself sent off at FT for abusing the keeper. 

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Half fancy AFCB to nick something today…cue 6-0 Spurs with Son scoring all 6.

Been thinking this but wasn't going to put it out there :lol:

Bournemouth are a pain in the backside. They are sneaky decent.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Been thinking this but wasn't going to put it out there :lol:

Bournemouth are a pain in the backside. They are sneaky decent.

Aye they’ve been playing well in the last few games and I fully realise I’m responsible for Spurs winning now :lol:

Chelsea winning against run of play.