Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

He was basically praising Trent earlier for losing the ball on the edge of his own box ‘he’s just so confident these days he almost doesn’t want to take the easy option and go back to the keeper’. Absolute joker.

Just now, Sima said:

Carragher deluded.  van Dijk was just completely spun around.  He didn’t stop on purpose.

Got to admit I thought the same as Carragher like. That VVD stopped to leave him offside 

Just now, andyc35i said:

Really wish we still had Ivan Toney. I always thought he deserved a chance with us and hated that we sold him rather than keep loaning him out until he showed how good he was 

Sometimes a player needs to leave to make it though. Loaning players out is always a minefield and can often kill their development rather than than help then. They need to move a club that will actually invest in them and their development. We can see with the Kuol situation that loaning clubs just don't have the incentive unless it massively benefits them in the short term.

Personally don't think Toney becomes the player he does without the moves to Posh and Brentford. They're both clubs, at slightly different levels, that take punts and develop players because their model is buy and profit.

Just now, andyc35i said:

Really wish we still had Ivan Toney. I always thought he deserved a chance with us and hated that we sold him rather than keep loaning him out until he showed how good he was 

I never wanted us to sell either but you can’t say he would have been just as good if he stayed unfortunately as there’s just too many variables involved (training environment, number of chances and games, how he would have took to the likes of Steve Bruce etc).

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Sometimes a player needs to leave to make it though. Loaning players out is always a minefield and can often kill their development rather than than help then. They need to move a club that will actually invest in them and their development. We can see with the Kuol situation that loaning clubs just don't have the incentive unless it massively benefits them in the short term.

Personally don't think Toney becomes the player he does without the moves to Posh and Brentford. They're both clubs, at slightly different levels, that take punts and develop players because their model is buy and profit.

Aye, he was nowhere near close for us. What he always had was high athleticism, so you could argue we maybe should have banked on that. He did the right thing for his career