Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, Joseph said:

Have a horrible feeling it's gonna end up Southampton vs not us in the final. 

I have a horrible feeling if Southampton win this - we draw Man U but that’s pretty much what you said.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

I have a horrible feeling if Southampton win this - we draw Man U but that’s pretty much what you said.

That'd be a pretty even contest. By no means a guaranteed defeat.

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, OoOGazOoO said:

De Bruyne doesn't seem on it this season like he has in previous years, and he was pretty ordinary at the WC too!

He was good at the start of the season 

The game before the WC (Brentford) and since he's been very average (QF against Liverpool aside)

If it stays like this then Man Utd and Newcastle will be the two more favoured to win it, but Nottm/Wolves and Southampton's odds will also come in a bit because City would normally be such a big favourite to take it, and if any of the latter 3 did win it outright then Europe would only go down to 6th, and 5th if the FA Cup was somehow won by a 'lesser' side as well.

Obviously in our position we want Man City out to massively increase out own chances of actually winning a major cup, and that's the mindset we need in our current position / trajectory, but it would be gutting if we finished 6th (where I'm expecting) and somehow didn't end up with European football next season.