Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, 54 said:

De Gea was the best shot stopper (Along with Alisson) in the league for a good 5 years or so. I get the need for keepers to play out from the back, but sometimes keepers just need to be good at what they're there for, and this Onana situation is a very good example of that.

Every player that comes to us just becomes the worst version of themselves, Bruno Fernandes aside.

Obviously Onana isn't this bad of a keeper, but most of us on here would have saved that second free kick. He is really costing us this season and has been responsible for so many dropped points. This group would be done and dusted with any sort of competent keeper. He has been relatively decent since the penalty save against Copenhagen, but he's cost us another game last night. EtH should be considering dropping him.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Every player that comes to us just becomes the worst version of themselves, Bruno Fernandes aside.

Obviously Onana isn't this bad of a keeper, but most of us on here would have saved that second free kick. He is really costing us this season and has been responsible for so many dropped points. This group would be done and dusted with any sort of competent keeper. He has been relatively decent since the penalty save against Copenhagen, but he's cost us another game last night. EtH should be considering dropping him.

I get that he's ETH's man, but surely he has to at this point, if you keep playing someone who is underperforming it sends a bad message to the rest of the group. For example, if Maguire dropped two clangers equivalent to what Onana did yesterday, then you can bet he'd be dropped, so if Onana doesn't, then it sends a bad message to the rest of the squad.

That said, I have no idea who your backup is and if he's any good.

Looking at the CL table for Man Utd’s group, where do they finish if they draw with Bayern and Galatasaray beat Copenhagen? Do they finish 3rd or 4th?

I can see that Galatasaray have the better head to head but Copenhagen is a tie.

14 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Looking at the CL table for Man Utd’s group, where do they finish if they draw with Bayern and Galatasaray beat Copenhagen? Do they finish 3rd or 4th?

I can see that Galatasaray have the better head to head but Copenhagen is a tie.

We would finish third barring a miracle as the tiebreakers would come down to goals scored in the group.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

All joking aside we needed to move on from De Gea. He wasn't without his errors and was on a monster contract. 

While Onana's ability to play out from the back is massively overstated, De Gea's ability to play out from the back was non-existent and he frequently just booted it into row Z.

De Gea was capable of making saves though so there is that. 

Yeah totally agreed.

I guess he's then waiting for another monster contract.

I'm not sure he'll get it from Saudi. They tend to like people with a bit of an image. De Gea has always seemed a bit of a dweeboid.

3 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Yeah totally agreed.

I guess he's then waiting for another monster contract.

I'm not sure he'll get it from Saudi. They tend to like people with a bit of an image. De Gea has always seemed a bit of a dweeboid.

I think he's just happy chilling out to be honest. He made £375k a week at us for years and he's big into eSports and founded his own team a few years back. Could see him retiring. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

You must get forgetting the fact he's a monumental cunt there mind. Definitely the worst version of a monumental cunt I've seen

One of the biggest chokejobs ever being done by Botafogo in the Brazilian league. Have topped the league all season and had 14 points cushion with 11 games to go. With two games to go, they’re three points behind Palmeiras.

In their last 9 they’ve drawn 5 and lost 4. More remarkably, in three of those draws the opponents have scored in the 90th, 96th and 99th minute. In two of their losses they were up 3-0 and 3-1 and lost 4-3 both times (Luis Suarez 19minute hattrick in the former and in the latter Endrick only recently turned 17 scored twice, and Palmeiras managed to turn 3-1 to 4-3 with goals in the 84th, 90th and 99th).

They haven’t won the league since 1995 and it doesn’t look like they’re going to anytime soon either. 

Edited by Flip

18 minutes ago, Flip said:

One of the biggest chokejobs ever being done by Botafogo in the Brazilian league. Have topped the league all season and had 14 points cushion with 11 games to go. With two games to go, they’re three points behind Palmeiras.

In their last 9 they’ve drawn 5 and lost 4. More remarkably, in three of those draws the opponents have scored in the 90th, 96th and 99th minute. In two of their losses they were up 3-0 and 3-1 and lost 4-3 both times (Luis Suarez 19minute hattrick in the former and in the latter Endrick only recently turned 17 scored twice, and Palmeiras managed to turn 3-1 to 4-3 with goals in the 84th, 90th and 99th).

They haven’t won the league since 1995 and it doesn’t look like they’re going to anytime soon either. 

This just a choke job and nothing more? That sounds absolutely insane to be honest. Have they had major controversial incidents go against them or injuries etc? Or something potentially more sinister?

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

This just a choke job and nothing more? That sounds absolutely insane to be honest. Have they had major controversial incidents go against them or injuries etc? Or something potentially more sinister?

Their manager left for more money and Al-Nassr in Saudi halfway through, and Bruno Lage (ex Wolves) took over and then left all of the sudden as well. Fourth manager right now despite having lead the league for 30 rounds almost.

In the game against Palmeiras where Palmeiras turned 3-0 to 3-4 they did have a harsh red card, but they also missed a penalty 3-1 up in the 82nd minute. I can’t imagine going through what their fans have gone through this season :lol:

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

We would finish third barring a miracle as the tiebreakers would come down to goals scored in the group.

If Gala win by 1 goal that is. If Gala win by 2 or more, you will have the better goal difference. Obviously you would be 3rd regardless.

58 minutes ago, Flip said:

Mentality chickens.[emoji38]

The hipster in me will have TNT Sports 9 channel on for two Conference League clashes in Nordic countries later on:

5.45pm - KI vs Sl Bratislava 

8pm - Nordsjaelland vs Fenerbache 

Keeping half an eye on the Villa score as while they will very likely win, it would be nice if they finished second and had an extra couple of needless matches in February.

Edited by Paullow

Properly kicking off outside the ground, still, Legia fans outside throwing stuff into the Holte End. Coppers with dogs and on horses (obvs not at the same time, mind). 1980s style aggro. I think they're going to be in trouble with UEFA (again) after this.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

Properly kicking off outside the ground, still, Legia fans outside throwing stuff into the Holte End. Coppers with dogs and on horses (obvs not at the same time, mind). 1980s style aggro. I think they're going to be in trouble with UEFA (again) after this.

That's just a standard night in Birmingham isn't it? ;) 

Edited by 54