Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

9 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I loved watching that Bulls team, got me into Basketball and playing at college level (yes I'm that old) albeit in England. Truly were a sight to behold, just pure domination, shame the Bears team have never lived up to that standard bar a brief moment in the 1985/86 season.

Not a shame at all really

Just now, Mattoon said:

They'll always be remembered for Jordan, but that team had Rodman, pippen, Kerr, Kukoč, they were just stacked across the court.

Definitely, the talent is undeniable, I just didn't know whether (like Real Madrid) their talent dragged them to wins, or they were just always incredible. 

The Last Dance is possibly my favourite documentary of all time and I'm not even into basketball 

Just now, 54 said:

Out of interest, are the Bulls still universally hated, like Man United are despite by their own standards not having had much success recently? 

That shit would take generations to pass before the hatred subsided in the general population if that happened here :lol:

D-Rose moved the needle back to the middle. It was impossible to hate Rose, and even as a Knicks fan his knee injury was devastating.

Just now, Mike said:

:lol: Properly fucked my mood, that.

@Kid Icarus tell me about the 12 point lead, you motherfucker.

I'll say this, never have I watched back any of the games from the second half of that season. Man Utd home, was there, that was enough. Liverpool away, fuck that. Blackburn and Forest away when you knew it was over, you couldn't pay me to watch it back. Shame, that team deserved so much more. Man Utd were Schmeichel, Keane and Cantona in those final 15 or so games, they were fucking superhuman.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Still seems mad that he was their manager not so long ago. :lol:

Rumour has it he got the Madrid job a second time after a call to Flo to ask about getting players on loan for Everton and then the idea was born. 

It seemed bonkers at the time. Like Flo had become senile and boring someone on the way down.  Both Perez and Carlo have an understanding of the sport that can’t be expressed in words. 

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Out of interest, are the Bulls still universally hated, like Man United are despite by their own standards not having had much success recently? 

That shit would take generations to pass before the hatred subsided in the general population if that happened here :lol:

I don't think anyone really hates the Bulls.  The Celtics and Lakers have won way more, and the Spurs and Golden State have been much more recent dynasties. 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Properly fucked my mood, that.

@Kid Icarus tell me about the 12 point lead, you motherfucker.

I was 11 years old, but I've still not experienced anything worse than Batty (76), Fenton (86), Fenton (89)

Like having someone pour boiling water onto your brain. 

5 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Not a shame at all really

That Bears team of the mid 80s was quality, Walter Payton was my first sporting hero, its been nothing but pain since :lol:

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mike said:

confused pointing to self GIF by Wuz Good

I guess knicks fans... but do you hate Jordan more than the Celtics?

EDIT: Knicks fans probably hate everybody.

Edited by bobloblaw

Just now, bobloblaw said:

I guess knicks fans... but do you hate Jordan more than the Celtics?

I exercise my Boston hate in the Bronx. The Celtics are like a cute hate my grandparents instilled in me. I despise Jordan.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I exercise my Boston hate in the Bronx. The Celtics are like a cute hate my grandparents instilled in me. I despise Jordan.

I get it, as a Packers fan I still hate Denver and John Elway for that Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I was 11 years old, but I've still not experienced anything worse than Batty (76), Fenton (86), Fenton (89)

My first away game, I was also 11 years old. Vivid memories of loads of Blackburn fans being dicks after the game which confused me as I thought everyone hated Man Utd!

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Vedder said:

My first away game, I was also 11 years old. Vivid memories of loads of Blackburn fans being dicks after the game which confused me as I thought everyone hated Man Utd!

It's no good having PTSD at 11 over football like. :lol: My mind refuses to fully remember how convinced I was that we'd win when Batty scored.I know that it's protecting me from a level of pain it knows I can't stand. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Disco said:

They dominated in a different way. Seem to remember absolutely no one getting shots off against them. (Probably absolutely horseshit if you watched it back though)

They were really solid and lethal on the counter. 

Imagine back in summer 2019, Joselu leaves for Alaves and someone tells you in 5 years time he will be holding up a champions league winners medal in a Madrid shirt [emoji38] Football is mental.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Wish someone would ask him wheher he would take back scoring those goals and have us winning the title instead..

Posted (edited)

34 year old Salomon Rondon has just scored in the Concacaf Champions Cup Final (Concacaf Champions League) for Pachuca vs Columbus Crew and commentator said he is going to win the Golden Boot. A good night for our former strikers in finals tonight.

Edited by nufcjb