Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

13 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Bradford v Carlisle ffs 😂

League Two football likely won't appeal to the masses generally, but there'll certainly be many Newcastle fans in Northumberland and stretching into Cumbria with an interest in that match.

38 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Bradford v Carlisle ffs 😂

I've actually had my eye on that fixture all season: Bradford vs whoever they might get should they qualify for the play-offs. I fully intended on going cos Valley Parade is a class old stadium and there'll be a big crowd, but circumstances meant I couldn't. Hope they beat Carlisle; had no time for Mark Hughes in previous jobs but it's been great seeing someone like that drop all the way down to League 2. Could be a fun journey from here on in. 

Let the football commence. Great matches today. Reckon Boro will win the play-offs, but to be honest I haven’t watched Coventry this season, so don’t know what to expect.

4 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Surprising lack of signage for a certain tacky sports shop in Coventry's stadium considering who owns it. 

Probably waiting for existing contracts to end.

I was hoping Coventry would come up from the 4 involved, and if Luton had held on, or built on their solid start yesterday, I would have wanted Cov to win this, but with Sunderland fairly likely to make the final, Boro will likely be the bigger threat, so would probably want them to come through this tie and ultimately go on and get promoted.

Mind, Luton vs Sunderland 2nd leg is before the second leg of this one, so I guess a draw here would be good, keep it relatively poised, and if Luton do the business on Tuesday, hope Cov win the next day, but if Sunderland win, then defo root for Boro.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Coventry now on top v Boro.

Just about to say the same. Boro well on top for the first 30 mins, Coventry came more into it, but defo the better side this half.

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

West Ham resting all their key players for Europe

Fair enough really. They are like 99.99% safe, and obviously have a massive match coming up. At least it's also against a team with nothing much to play for. Brentford will finish in the top 10, but not in the top 8 (or Europe), and at least it's not potentially gifting 3 points to a side going for the title, Europe, or escaping the drop (I guess they would have probably gone a bit stronger if it was against a Leeds of Leicester, just in case).

Fulham will probably be a bit disappointed as they would like to finish above Brentford and be the top team in West London, but it's pretty meh in the grand scheme of things.

Toulouse vs Nantes today - apparently 5 payers have refused to wear a rainbow-themed shirt and now kick off has been delayed due to a suspicious package in the away end

First time I’ve seen Boro this season. Are they always this dull? Sideways and Backwards. It’s important to have one player playing like their manager did perhaps but maybe not the majority of the team 😆

Wasn’t impressed with Coventry either. Luton and Sunderland both looked to have a bit more about them on first showings.