Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Relegation play off in Serie A next week. Assumed it was because of a dead heat on GD or H2H, but apparently they’ve introduced playoffs for 1st place & relegation whenever teams are tied on points.

8 hours ago, Anderson said:

Relegation play off in Serie A next week. Assumed it was because of a dead heat on GD or H2H, but apparently they’ve introduced playoffs for 1st place & relegation whenever teams are tied on points.

Why do leagues have to do shit like this? 

It should be goal difference, if that's equal, goals scored. If it's still equal, head to head. If it's still equal after that, then a Play-Off.

16 hours ago, Anderson said:

That's always been the case when sides finish level on points and there's an important matter at stake.

56 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

That's always been the case when sides finish level on points and there's an important matter at stake.

Just seen they've been re-introduced and the last one was in '05. They were only reintroduced this year though, Genoa stayed up at Empoli's expense on H2H record in 2019 for example.

13 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Don't really mind who goes up / stays up, but hope Hamburg can get an early goal tonight to make the tie more interesting for the neutral. 

Aye, just switched over while looking for something to watch. Could've kept it close in the first leg when it's the only decent sport on tonight ffs. :lol: 

1-5 on agg at the moment with just over 5 to go. A 6th season in the 2nd tier for Hamburg, which is mad, but each season that goes by, the more normal it will seem, a bit like with Leeds.

53k ave crowds, main club in Germany's 2nd city with a near 2m popn, former European champions. Constant top half finished from 1997 to 2013, yet another season in the wilderness beckons for them.

The GFA are probably content that it's effectively just 2 changes to the league each season, but they should probably look into changing the system to freshen things up, and maybe to the system we have over here with 3 guaranteed to go down each season.

Probably won't be easy to get top 2 next season either with Schalke and Hertha dropping down this season.

Think I'd like to see West Ham win tonight. It will be another English club winning something in my lifetime before Newcastle do, but I've never really disliked them, they're probably not a massive threat to us going forward, and it's obviously been a very long time since they won anything, so would be good to see them have a bit of joy.

There's no doubt this time two years ago under Ashley and Bruce I'd have been wanting them lose :lol:

Yeah, I'd like West Ham to win too. Will be hugely envious of course.

The Sky six (well, except Spurs lol) have had it their own way on the trophy front for too long. Would like to see some more deserving fans enjoy success.

I can just about remember Everton winning the FA Cup (and subsequently knocking us out of Europe) and Dalian Atkinson for Villa in the League Cup, but since 1996, hardly any clubs have won anything outside of the obvious.

Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and now Man City have won loads, Spurs a couple of League Cups, Leicester the league, FA Cup and probably a couple of League Cups, Portsmouth, Wigan the FA Cup, Swansea, Birmingham, Blackburn, Boro the League Cup, don't think there are any others, so if you're under 35 you've only seen 13 English clubs win anything significant in your life time.