Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Drew wrong line apparently what the fuck. Initially VAR said onside goal but ref arguing and they've changed lines. Now its went to red and offside. Fuck knows what on earth is going on :lol:

Can hear fans chanting 'var is embarrassing' and 'VAR is fucking shit'

Another shambles by the sound of things 

It's just bullshit, offside was never brought in for such millimeter decisions like that, it's about gaining an advantage, if your foot is 1cm in front of the defender I don't care what anyone says, you haven't gained an advantage from that, it's bollocks.

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

It's just bullshit, offside was never brought in for such millimeter decisions like that, it's about gaining an advantage, if your foot is 1cm in front of the defender I don't care what anyone says, you haven't gained an advantage from that, it's bollocks.

They have and use technology is other competitions who do this automatically, no need to be taking so long, we can have both the exact correct outcome, and have it faster.

Yeah it can be done faster, I just think in general mind. I don't have a solution for it but offside was brought in to stop goal hanging and attackers gaining an advantage by being so far ahead of the defender.

Being a millimeter in front, a toe, a finger etc, you're not gaining any advantage whatsoever but are still technically offside. The whole rule is shit.

40 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Sheffield United’s spell in the PL this season is just pointless 

They’ve not even tried to stay up. The fact they’ve got Chris Wilder lined up to replace Heckingbottom says it all. 

Probably sensible as they have no money. Parachute payments and try again for promotion on a slightly stronger position financially.