Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

30 minutes ago, jack j said:

Not sure why he stopped play. It wasn't a free kick and he never gave one. Him blowing and going over gave everyone the chance to pile in. They would have carried on playing if he'd not done that.

Kid on the deck should be ashamed of himself 

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Frogman, is ETH under any pressure? 

And these comments really, really don't help. It's why he was hired in the first place and I would hope a large reason as to why we've spent big money to bring in Martinez, Antony and Onana.

He's doing himself zero favours at the minute with these statements. Evans over Varane for "tactical" reasons is the worst one yet. :lol: Utter nonsense.

Edited by Froggy

Just now, The College Dropout said:

@Froggy he makes a lot of baffling decisions.

Only really this season. I've no idea what he's playing at. Last season he stuck with the same starting 11 whenever he could to the point where he actually had a little criticism for not resting players.

That lineup yesterday was just... wow.

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Only really this season. I've no idea what he's playing at. Last season he stuck with the same starting 11 whenever he could to the point where he actually had a little criticism for not resting players.

He did that Bruno at RW last season a few times too.

7 minutes ago, andycap said:

I don't understand how he can't get the team to play possession football. Surely there's plenty of technical ability in the team. Plus he's brought in most of his ex players. 

I agree with this.

But also, they've bought the likes of Varane & Casemiro, who aren't ideally suited to that style. And then they can't keep the squad fit enough to give it a go. I don't think they've started a single game with their ideal back 5.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I agree with this.

But also, they've bought the likes of Varane & Casemiro, who aren't ideally suited to that style. And then they can't keep the squad fit enough to give it a go. I don't think they've started a single game with their ideal back 5.

But they dont score goals either. You have to go all the way down to Palace to find something worse. With the money spent and talent they have 11 goals scored is a shambles. Its ridiculous poor.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I agree with this.

What do you mean by Varane and casemiro not suited to that style? World class or were world class players should be able to adapt surely? 

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

And these comments really, really don't help. It's why he was hired in the first place and I would hope a large reason as to why we've spent big money to bring in Martinez, Antony and Onana.

He's doing himself zero favours at the minute with these statements. Evans over Varane for "tactical" reasons is the worst one yet. :lol: Utter nonsense.

You starting to realise he’s a baldy nonce fraud yet?

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

That's what Bruce said too.. Had to play defensive shit football because of the player material, but when Howe came we instanly started playing better attacking football, and the results started to change for the better. Funnily enough we even conceded less while also playing a more attacking style.

Look at how Guardiola and Klopp have implemented their style in the clubs that they have taken over.

Edited by Erikse

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

I'm astounded they've got as many points as they have. Some proper scabby undeserved/massively lucky single goal wins.

I thought you boys were dead and buried after a handful of games but unless you get points deducted you might be in for a period of things stabilising for the first time in years 

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

How much £‘s will he trouser if he gets the bullet ?

Bank the Glazier lowey, spend a few months relaxing by a pool somewhere sunny with factor 50 slathered all over his baldy bonce, walk into a job he’s capable of in Holland or France 

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Said it at the time when they signed  Casemiro he was over the hill and had paid too much.  Real always sell at the correct time.

Aye, they got just under one season of him at an elite level. It’s only going one way from here and he’ll get continually worse overall despite having occasional quality games 

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

How much £‘s will he trouser if he gets the bullet ?

Bank the Glazier cash, spend a few months relaxing by a pool somewhere sunny with factor 50 slathered all over his baldy bonce, walk into a job he’s capable of in Holland or France 

I think me might be fearing the bullet with Ineos getting involved.

1 hour ago, andycap said:

What do you mean by Varane and casemiro not suited to that style? World class or were world class players should be able to adapt surely? 

They struggled with playing out from the back under a significant press at Madrid. Varane particularly. Madrid would drop Kroos at DM to build from deep frequently. Also RM are the most pragmatic elite team. 

They've been replaced at RM with technically superior players.