Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

15 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Sorry, I had to smile at this. I'm from the generation where usually the only live football was the Cup Final and England's World Cup and Euro matches.

Try spending '73 to '80 in Berwick. We had Sportscene and fuck all else 

11 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Feels like the standard of football in the Championship has come on dramatically from what little I’ve seen.

Now I haven't checked, this is a hunch but I bet in the Sunderland thread people are saying about how bad the standard is.

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Try spending '73 to '80 in Berwick. We had Sportscene and fuck all else 

Don’t even try to explain to the kids what Sundays - not just in terms of football - were like in the 70s and 80s either.  

*insert Partridge Sunday Bloody Sunday quote here*

15 minutes ago, brummie said:

Don’t even try to explain to the kids what Sundays - not just in terms of football - were like in the 70s and 80s either.  

*insert Partridge Sunday Bloody Sunday quote here*

Sunday is still fairly bleak in the UK, even in London.

There's so much more going on in Milan or Barcelona on a Sunday. 

On 27/10/2023 at 22:45, Erikse said:

I can see all top 5 sides winning this round.. That will mean 22 out of 30 points for 5th place after 10 games, 2.2 points per game. Kind of wild to be honest, might even be a new record.

Screenshot_20231101_133635_Instagram.thumb.jpg.1c9ed768281f1b60c8a3f698f4b6e46a.jpg

Should also be a record for 5th place then.

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Kind of crazy how West Ham put out pretty much their strongest team yesterday. They are in Europe, just like us.

Fair play taking the "little" league cup seriously. Got the win they deserved for that alone.

27 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Perhaps their 2nd team don't have the same mentality as their 1st team, unlike an Eddie Howe team?

Well, that 2nd team will have to start playing soon anyways if they start getting injuries like we did. However I can see now that Paqueta and Alvarez was out for the next one due to suspension anyways, so it makes sense that they played.

Edited by Erikse

Slim pickings on TV tonight, a couple of Italian Cup matches on ViaPlay, but there is also a bottom of the table clash in Holland - Ajax vs Volendam, bottom vs third bottom (sounds crazy). Hopefully a chance to see Kuol play for the visitors. You can still get 11/1 on Volendam to win, so more than likely it will be a home win, and probably comfortable, but shit will really hit the fan if they don't and Ajax are still bottom come full time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/dutch-eredivisie/table

Match is on Mola TV, an app, which I think is still free. I had it at the back end of last season and watched the final day of the Belgium league which was amazing as the lead changed hands between 3 different clubs, but deleted it, so will look to get it back and cast to the big TV.