Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

I think me might be fearing the bullet with Ineos getting involved.

With the current state of Manchester United they’d be starting from a lower base than when they tookover Sky, but be lolz if INEOS run a football club as badly as they’ve run a cycling team

Edited by bobbydazzla

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

They struggled with playing out from the back under a significant press at Madrid. Varane particularly. Madrid would drop Kroos at DM to build from deep frequently. Also RM are the most pragmatic elite team. 

They've been replaced at RM with technically superior players.

Just we have lascelles who was basically not great under a press and he seems to of improved with coaching. 

5 minutes ago, andycap said:

Did he flop? Cannot remember moyesy playing him. 

Think he had no idea how to integrate him in the team and they didn’t create a lot for him. Don’t think he played great for them but imagine if he’d gone to Brighton or Villa, would have been completely different

5 hours ago, Froggy said:

And these comments really, really don't help. It's why he was hired in the first place and I would hope a large reason as to why we've spent big money to bring in Martinez, Antony and Onana.

He's doing himself zero favours at the minute with these statements. Evans over Varane for "tactical" reasons is the worst one yet. :lol: Utter nonsense.

Ajax have a generational ingrained style of play from top to bottom and will fire coaches who stray from it at youth level even if they win games. 

13 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Big Scottish Cup 2nd round tie currently on BBC Scotland for anyone who's really desperate. Musselburgh v Clyde (sky 187). Don't all desert the forum at once mind.

Quite enjoying Cov v West Brom tbh.

Just now, leffe186 said:

Feels like the standard of football in the Championship has come on dramatically from what little I’ve seen.

Agreed, it’s not just about grinding out wins with the onus on physicality and being solid defensively. Lots of quality younger players there these days 

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Feels like the standard of football in the Championship has come on dramatically from what little I’ve seen.

I imagine Championship can probably offer better wages than a lot of top division clubs in Europe such as the non elite teams in Eredivisie, Belgian, Eastern Europe and Scandi leagues and the league isn't just filled with English plodders and managers any more

I love it

9 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Who'd be a referee with these lot man 😂😂😂😂😂

I do like Pickford. He's mad as a box of frogs.

Sorry, I can't help it.

56 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Big Scottish Cup 2nd round tie currently on BBC Scotland for anyone who's really desperate. Musselburgh v Clyde (sky 187). Don't all desert the forum at once mind.

I'm old enough to remember Berwick v Clyde. 

Good to see WBA win. Still early, but the bookies in terms of top 2, promotion, top 6 etc. odds kind of have a clearer 7 teams - the obvious current top 2, Leeds, Southampton, Boro, Sunderland, and WBA. 

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-2-finish

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/promotion

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-6-finish

A few other teams are currently up there, like Hull and Cardiff, but possibly more likely to fall away like what we are seeing with Preston following their excellent start. Watford and Norwich are looking bang average, and there's not many other parachute teams around, and beaten playoff finalists Coventry are well off the pace points wise, so it possibly / probably will be the likes of Leeds, Southampton, Boro and WBA that prevent Sunderland from making the playoffs again, so I'd therefore like to see those win more often than not.

3 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Neither of them are on? How odd. I just assumed Boro would be on.

Aye, they've gone for 2 on Weds crossing over. Not helped by most of the clubs playing on Sunday due to Europe, but in the past they have put a match on the Thursday instead. Mind, I know it was an earlier round, against lesser opposition, and almost certainly not a priority to either, but Sunderland played Crewe in the League Cup on the Tuesday evening after playing Ipswich at 5pm two days earlier on the Sunday.

8 hours ago, Paullow said:

https://www.live-footballontv.com/

It's a poor week for live football. Nothing appeals to me on Tuesday and Thursday, and I can't really be bothered with our match too much, although I will of course be watching.

Leicester vs Leeds does look really good on Friday though.

Sorry, I had to smile at this. I'm from the generation where usually the only live football was the Cup Final and England's World Cup and Euro matches.