Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

33 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If Liverpool don't win it - that's a league place gone for Europa League.

I'd rather those perennial victims and their MDMA jawed IED didn't win a thing tbqh

16 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

No wonder this forum is going down the pan. 

What are you blithering about? Can't stand them and the way they think the world is against them and their hyperactive manager bouncing up and down on the touchline, angry spitting everywhere and grinding his turkey teeth to dust. Literally nothing to admire about them, regardless of their results against us.

The League Cup is only a Conference League spot, right? I'm torn on whether that's worth watching Liverpool win something.

Let's just win the FA Cup and qualify for the Europa League. Two problems solved at once.

7 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

What are you blithering about? Can't stand them and the way they think the world is against them and their hyperactive manager bouncing up and down on the touchline, angry spitting everywhere and grinding his turkey teeth to dust. Literally nothing to admire about them, regardless of their results against us.

It’s what I was saying earlier, about the fable. You know the one when the dog’s got a bone? He goes down to the lake to drink and sees his reflection. He goes, ‘That dog’s got a better bone. I’ll have his as well.’

And when he opens his mouth, he drops the real bone and loses both.

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

It’s what I was saying earlier, about the fable. You know the one when the dog’s got a bone? He goes down to the lake to drink and sees his reflection. He goes, ‘That dog’s got a better bone. I’ll have his as well.’

Love fables, me.

53 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Liverpool are ruthless this season, wonder how they are managing playing every few days??!

They often do somehow. Remember the season they finished 1st or 2nd in every tournament.. Their squad wasn't even that deep.

5 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

And what’s that got to do with this?  What does that mean?

14 hours ago, black_n_white said:

Liverpool are ruthless this season, wonder how they are managing playing every few days??!

I suppose theyve had experience playing that amount of games over many years, maybe they just know how to manage fatigue better than us, fuck knows.

They seem to get a fair amount of luck avoiding injury, and every 50/50 goes in their favour too so that helps along the way 

Friday night games suck for away fans (unless you make it a weekend trip) but man, it’s nice to sit down and watch. My wife’s out of town tonight and I don’t care about the result so I’m looking forward to this.

6 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

My wife’s out of town tonight and I don’t care about the result so I’m looking forward to this.

I love this feeling me, takeaway ordered and just yourself to entertain and some football on the TV.

Even if the wife and bairns are upstairs it doesn't have the same feel.

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

I love this feeling me, takeaway ordered and just yourself to entertain and some football on the TV.

Even if the wife and bairns are upstairs it doesn't have the same feel.

Yeah, bairns are home but have been told “do not disturb”.

Back in the UK and there’s a good chippy up the road so I’ve managed to institute Friday Fry Day. Thank Christ my American wife loves fish and chips, my youngest loves haddock and chips and my eldest loves a sausage in batter. If they had moved to the UK and couldn’t appreciate a chippy it would have been gutting.