Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

35 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Mancini is always box office. Appreciate his commitment to being a shithouse.

Funny how they subbed him to avoid a red card and the other lad got booked straight away as well

Edited by jack j

Just now, joeyt said:

The 70th minute in the Betis vs Villarreal game looks eventful

Been a really good game. Loads of drama and needle. 

I know we hate Liverpool, but how can these decisions keep going Man Citys way? Is it really just pure coincidence? If someone made a statistic from the last few season, I'm sure that whenever VAR/referee got it wrong in a City game, 90% of the time the decision went Man Citys way. While their rivals for 1st often gets these decisions against them.

Edited by Erikse

32 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I know we hate Liverpool, but how can these decisions keep going Man Citys way? Is it really just pure coincidence? If someone made a statistic from the last few season, I'm sure that whenever VAR/referee got it wrong in a City game, 90% of the time the decision went Man Citys way. While their rivals for 1st often gets these decisions against them.

Didn’t think it was a foul/penalty personally if that is what you are referring to.

7 hours ago, LFEE said:

Didn’t think it was a foul/penalty personally if that is what you are referring to.

I agree.

It's one of those that looks like a foul/penalty if you just look at the still image of the contact, but when you see it as a whole and the way Doku has gone in for it I think the right decsion was made at the time.

8 hours ago, Erikse said:

Liverpool certainly get just as many go their way as City do. They aren't called LiVARpool in the social media world for nothing. 

A clear penalty. 

Most importantly to begin, Mac Allister played the ball first. 

Under the rules though, it's a foul at any point if you play the ball but in doing so can risk injury to your opponent. Even if they feel the need to back out of the challenge because of an injury risk, that's considered a foul under law 12. That's why it almost always results in a free when the foot is above waist height. The natural movement here wasn't even to kick the ball away, it was to lead forward and head it. 

If that was given against Newcastle or us we would be screaming bloody murder and rightly so. Even if it's a natural movement, look at how high his foot is. You can't kick people in the chest and saying "he ran into his foot" is one of the weakest arguments I've ever heard. Studs shouldn't be hanging around at chest height to be ran into, especially in 50/50 challenges.

A lot of anti-Liverpool bias on show here I feel.  A stonewall pen.

15 hours ago, SAK said:

Got ball first and McAlister jumped into him.

He did not get the ball first. The ball hits of Mac Allisters chest first and on to Doku's foot, which is already planted into Mac Allister's chest.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

A lot of anti-Liverpool bias on show here I feel.  A stonewall pen.

I, and a think a lot of people on here will feel the same, absolutely do not apologize about that :lol: 

For me, mistakes happen all the time, its annoying and really frustrating when it goes against you, but every team gets the benefit of decisions from time to time, hell last week Liverpool got a massive slice of luck from the officials for something that was way more egregious then the Doku challenge. 

I think the Doku challenge is a penalty for whats its worth, but its not a stonewaller, an absolute, a dead cert, I can see how someone looks at that and thinks its not a pen, as Doku did get the ball. The sport is subjective at the end of the day, and i'm not going to cry about a decision for a team I don't support.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

as Doku did get the ball.

I don't think he did like. :lol: Only reason he touches the ball is because it deflects off Mac Allister first.

I think it's a clear and obvious foul.

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I agree.

It's one of those that looks like a foul/penalty if you just look at the still image of the contact, but when you see it as a whole and the way Doku has gone in for it I think the right decsion was made at the time.

Liverpool certainly get just as many go their way as City do. They aren't called LiVARpool in the social media world for nothing. 

The point is that every club gets decisions like this against them, but somehow Man City almost never do. The fact that it was accidental doesn't matter all that much, accidental penalties are made all the time. It was dangerous play.

Edited by Erikse

The Doku challenge may or may not be a penalty by the rules, but I couldn't help feeling when watching it back that I'd much rather see a penalty given for things like that than for the barely perceptible graze of a knuckle of a defender jumping to head the ball. 

Was it the Luton Sheffield United game where two pens were given for the crime of a defenders finger skin cells molesting the pristine leather of the match ball? Can't quite remember but those pens being given make it seem laughable for Doku not to be reprimanded for dropkicking an opponent.