Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 hour ago, Aiston said:

I swear Turkey has been like that for decades mind :lol:

What a right hand though.

Some would say it was the second best right hand delivered by a Nigerian in a Muslim-majority country this month. :)

International break :anguish:

Basically no (men's) TV match of any note until Thursday, and then the bulk of matches are on the niche paywall Viacom. Wales vs Finland is on S4C on Thursday, but it's slim pickings. I thought there would at least be a League 1 or 2 match on, but seemingly not.

6 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Klopp taking defeat like the twat he is again :rolleyes:

Responding to a query regarding his team's perceived drop in intensity during extra time, Klopp expressed frustration, characterizing the question as “a bit of a dumb question.”

“If you see us often, you can ask us the other times why we have so much energy. I don't know how many games we've had recently and how many Manchester United have had. That's sport. I'm really disappointed about that question, but you thought obviously it's good.”

Subsequently, the reporter inquired, "So too many games?" which incited an irate response from Klopp, who retorted, "Oh, you don't think that. Come on! You are obviously not in a great shape and I have no nerves for you,” as the German walked past the reporter and left the interview.

Not a great reaction, but atleast he didn't want to blame the loss on too many games. Good mentality I'd say, instead of playing the victim and making excuses like the reporter wanted him to do.

Edited by Erikse

I am not sure if this is the right topic, sorry if not. We (Finland) are facing Wales next Thursday in a playoff to Euro. Funny story on BBC about the time we met in 2009, Bellamy ranted about how bad both teams were. Slight Newcastle-connection other than Bellamy also because Shefki Kuqi scored the 2-0 goal at the end.

Going to be a tight game. Sadly we have no Litmanen to run to show anymore. What a player he was.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68501111

20 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Some absolute scum in this world.

I can forgive stupid, pissed-up teenage boys doing this stuff (I understand why others might not)

He’s an old man.  Horrible bastard

On 17/03/2024 at 21:44, Aiston said:

I swear Turkey has been like that for decades mind :lol:

What a right hand though.

Didn't Cantona get whacked by a copper there in the Man United/Galatasaray thing?

Bang out of order that. Should have at least Midnight Expressed the horrible c*nt

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Angry Simon Pegg GIF by Working Title

International break...

On the one hand, injured players get closer to returning, without missing a game.

On the other hand, players who go on international duty run the risk of being Injured.

Just have to hope the injury gods are done with us this season... 😅

It's the lack of MNF, and midweek Championship and European games that is most annoying, plus pretty much all the intl matches being on an extremely niche channel which very few have (legal) access to.

21 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Must be class watching this Wales vs Finland as a Leeds fan. Wales have 4 of their players in their XI and there's another playing for Finland.

But as a Finnish it is horrible to watch. Hradecky is great, but how can we defend so badly.

The Welsh commentary is great. A swath of garbled rubbish, interspersed with “English” surnames and a nutmeg. 

Why don’t the Welsh have proper “Welsh” surnames? Proper Julio Geordie stuff going on.

3 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Routine win for us tonight, was expecting a bit more from Finland, very poor. Big challenge next against Poland.

Our coach messed up totally, and to be honest the best before date for many of our players are long gone. Wales was ridiculously dangerous from every set piece. 

Finland most likely will change head coach now, even though Kanerva managed to get us to the Euros for the first time.

Bad line up, bad changes, and lots of individual mistakes. Wales very dangerous from counters. Johnson cost more than whole Finnish team combined.

7 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Our coach messed up totally, and to be honest the best before date for many of our players are long gone. Wales was ridiculously dangerous from every set piece. 

Finland most likely will change head coach now, even though Kanerva managed to get us to the Euros for the first time.

Bad line up, bad changes, and lots of individual mistakes. Wales very dangerous from counters. Johnson cost more than whole Finnish team combined.

It’s tough when players reach their end of careers for small countries like ours. We’ve recently gone through it, Joe Allen, Ramsey and Bale were primarily the key players for us for years so we are doing well really, lots more pace in our side at the moment.