Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, El Prontonise said:

You can say the same for 90% of them.

:lol: Very true. You can see why Sky were desperate to keep hold of Carragher after the spitting incident, like. Outside of when he's covering Liverpool games he's clear in the punditry world.

9 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

First year he won the league he spent more than anybody else.

A year later signed Henry and Davor Suker, a year after that Pires and Wiltord a year after that spent £30m - more than double what the team that finished behind them (Liverpool) did and they probably made a profit due to selling Fowler.

They established themselves the same way anybody else did, don't kid yourself.

How its okay for Wenger and others to break up what Monaco build but not okay for Man City to do that to Arsenal?

Because Campbell was free it was alright to take their local rivals captain the way they did?

I think they were entitled to spending some money after selling Anelka for 20 mill and Overmars for 25. 

1 hour ago, DahnSahf said:

I've just realised who McGinn reminds me of. It's Oddbod out of 'Carry On Screaming'. 󠀠

carry on screaming horror GIF

get yer heed on this ya dobber…

*Disclaimer.. that might be Odd Bod Junior 

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

I think they were entitled to spending some money after selling Anelka for 20 mill and Overmars for 25. 

Maybe they should wasted that money like what nufc did under dalglish, gullit and Robson initially via the various sales they generated.

:rolleyes:

Edited by El Prontonise

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

3-0 Leverkusen.

German bloke in this bar crying. Not even a neverkusen fan. Great stuff, hopefully they don't get raided in the summer and have a good go at defending it 

Arsenal’s 03/04 defense was basically free. Dunno how much Lauren was but Campbell free, Toure 250k, Cole academy. Compare that to City with Dias 60 mil, Walker 50 mil, Ake 50 mil, Stones 50 mil, Ederson 50 mil and now Gvardiol 72 mil. Those are astronomical numbers. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

As a pundit he's naff now. His knowledge of clubs outside the usual big 6 is shocking for an apparently flagship pundit.

Aye, I rated him highly when he first came in, then he started talking about Newcastle, I knew he was completely blagging it and it dawned on me that if he was doing that about Newcastle, chances are he's doing it about every other club except his precious Man United. 

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

:lol: Very true. You can see why Sky were desperate to keep hold of Carragher after the spitting incident, like. Outside of when he's covering Liverpool games he's clear in the punditry world.

100%. He's ruining it for himself by doing the WWE style banter shite because when he sticks to talking about football properly he's easily the most knowledgeable and humble (very much has a 'the supporters of X club will know better than me' ethos)

11 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Eh?  Liverpool, Leeds and Chelsea all spent more than arsenal during that period.

We were also spending a decent amount at this time on crap.

Shows how people will spout opinions as facts.

Screenshot_20240414_174335_Chrome.jpg

Its just pointed out that he spent the most money the year he first won the league.

You could apply the same sort of table to Man City of late, they'll have spent a lot less than Chelsea and for this season probably Liverpool just the same as Arsenal in that one. Mostly because they're established and the others are chasing

Presenting opinions as facts is what started this whole thing. The idea that its callous of Man City to sign Arsenal players but fine for Arsenal to do the same to less rich clubs can only be opinion and the foresight to know they were building something special with Clichy and Adebayor is 100% opinion.

Another reason I hope they win the league is this woe is me attitude of the elite clubs.

10 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Nobody else sell anybody back then like?

Just now, Jaqen said:

Zinchenko is a proper liability, didn't he cost them a lot back end of last season? 

Personally think he’s nowhere near good enough at LB. He’s a strange player with a lot of versatility and a lot of talent but he constantly fucks up on simple stuff. Would be scared shitless playing him trying to win the league