Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

That Forest tweet can both be correct in the point it is trying to make, and utterly absurd and ridiculous at the same time. 

Just now, Stifler said:

I never saw the Forest game, so don’t know what’s happened, but nothing will change in regards to the referees until clubs start calling them out on it.

Agree, but you can be more tactical than that tweet. It's ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Forest obviously have every right to be fuming, however singling out an official and publcially accusing them of unprofessional bias is low. Wonder if the reason all our refs are shit is because nobody who isnt overly officious and egotistical ends up wanting to be refs. I would expect clubs to maintain a measure of composure as well, we've all made mad accusations in the minutes after final whistle when we feel we have been robbed. The official may well be able to take them to court for libel. 

No it’s not.

I’m sorry but the rules state that both the manager and the players have to go up and explain themselves after games. Fans can be called into question about their support, owners about the running of clubs. The only people you can’t question or ask to explain themselves is referees.

The people who are never happy to be questioned or held to account are those who have stuff to hide.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I never saw the Forest game, so don’t know what’s happened, but nothing will change in regards to the referees until clubs start calling them out on it.

You can’t really believe someone being a Luton fan makes any difference whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Racist (?) 😄

I had thought Watkins scored earlier when it was Rogers. Have the game on the iPad, so was hard to make out the player in my defence. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don't mind the clubs calling out the referring as being  really poor, i just mind singling out with such accusations. Say the referring is well below expectations and tired of being apologised to it. Don't say this bloke clearly is match fixing. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You can’t really believe someone being a Luton fan makes any difference whatsoever. 

Aye you can. If I was a Newcastle in refereeing two clubs competition against Newcastle, you can bet your last £ I’d try my best to manipulate the game to the best advantage to Newcastle.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Weirdly while I was watching the game I was convinced the VAR official had to be a fan of someone down there. I’d assumed Everton, but Luton also makes sense. Forest losing certainly helps out that officials team…

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

No it’s not.

I’m sorry but the rules state that both the manager and the players have to go up and explain themselves after games. Fans can be called into question about their support, owners about the running of clubs. The only people you can’t question or ask to explain themselves is referees.

The people who are never happy to be questioned or held to account are those who have stuff to hide.

Hmm, in fairness maybe overreated, i just think as said above, say the referring is shit, the ref who is ultimately in charge should maybe being held up like that, i don't like singling out a single guy for being a luton fan. It brings it into accusing them of deliberately fixing it. 

Just now, Stifler said:

Aye you can. If I was a Newcastle in refereeing two clubs competition against Newcastle, you can bet your last £ I’d try my best to manipulate the game to the best advantage to Newcastle.

I’m assuming you wouldn’t purse a career as a professional football official though. They haven’t just got a bloke from the stands. 

Just now, Southern Geordie said:

Weirdly while I was watching the game I was convinced the VAR official had to be a fan of someone down there. I’d assumed Everton, but Luton also makes sense. Forest losing certainly helps out that officials team…

Yeah but that is because you’re a football fan and we believe some weird and nonsense stuff. 

16 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Forest obviously have every right to be fuming, however singling out an official and publcially accusing them of unprofessional bias is low. Wonder if the reason all our refs are shit is because nobody who isnt overly officious and egotistical ends up wanting to be refs. I would expect clubs to maintain a measure of composure as well, we've all made mad accusations in the minutes after final whistle

100%. Undermines the game hugely. Does nothing for getting younger people into officiating too and good luck trying to have a game without them.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

No it’s not.

Signaling out one person, who by all accounts is just doing their job (admittedly poorly), and accusing them of basically corruption when you have zero evidence to support that claim, and doing it to millions of people is utterly ridiculous, and quite frankly contemptuous. 

I get that referee's are making bad decision, and that it costs teams and players money, but they're still human beings, who have emotions and families, you cannot be making them remarks, its flat out wrong.

Villa are really going to play Champions League football next season, huh? We did the double over them too ffs. It's like we're swapping seasons with them. Interesting to see how they'll manage next season.

Edited by nufcjb