Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Have changed my opinion on Rice since he's moved to Arsenal. He's been fantastic every time I've seen him. Comfortable in every position he's played in at CM. Was everywhere tonight.

There was someone on here saying he has been ordinary this season and invisible in big games.

I could not believe it.

Wonder if Norwich fans are dreading potential promotion. Theyll be knowing fine well they're in for a season of misery as they make absolutely no effort to stay up, like they don't every time they come up.

I think Enzo Fernandez gets away with murder.

Never see his name mentioned during Chelsea games.

That man doesn't do anything and is so lightweight in midfield.

Bern a shocking signing for what they paid. Absolutely mental.

19 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

He's def got more to his game than say Højlund. Least he runs the channels, gets involved. Man U fans calling Højlund Jack Swagger because he spends more time wrestling defenders than playing football.  

Jackson is typically involved in a lot of Chelsea's best play, and never coasts through games, he is always everywhere.

He cannot under any circumstances be relied upon for goals at this stage of his development though. He is too erratic in those moments.

He causes a lot of problems though, and in a team with more clinical players would be even more valuable. It's just Palmer that does anything in the team though.

1 hour ago, black_n_white said:

These Chelsea players are pathetic, and they’ve all got 8 year contracts lol

How Todd is still in charge of the club is beyond me. One Billion spent - insane amount of money.

Jackson has good movement and is quick but his finishing is terrible and his decision making is poor too, trying to go for near post when an easy pass was on was criminal 

Usually strikers that become a bit of a joke figure due to their finishing struggle to turn things around so will be interesting to see if he can do that

58 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think Enzo Fernandez gets away with murder.

Never see his name mentioned during Chelsea games.

That man doesn't do anything and is so lightweight in midfield.

Bern a shocking signing for what they paid. Absolutely mental.

The prices paid for the players are why everyone were, and still are, overrating Chelsea. There's this perception that they have a bunch of premium players just because they chose to pay way too much for each of them. Their players are just not very good, and most of them were just overhyped. The price tag doesn't change how good a players is. If someone somehow chose to pay £100m for Almiron, he would still be Almiron. They do have a young squad though, that's the only reason why I don't want to write them off for next season. They are hard to predict.

Edited by Erikse

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

The prices paid for the players are why everyone were, and still are, overrating Chelsea. There's this perception that they have a bunch of premium players just because they chose to pay way too much for each of them. Their players are just not very good, and most of them were just overhyped. The price tag doesn't change how good a players is. If someone somehow chose to pay £100m for Almiron, he would still be Almiron. They do have a young squad though, that's the only reason why I don't want to write them off for next season. They are hard to predict.

I just don't understand how you send £100 million plus on a player that is performing at this level.

What were they seeing in the guy to justify that kind of outlay?! My God ...

They are young though, like you say, so let's see. Maybe things change. But watching Enzo I'm not sure he has the legs, physicality or the engine to keep up in midfield in the Prem. He is so invisible in there.

I wonder what Chelsea would offer for a Rooney if such a player was emerging in today’s market. 250?

Edited by Bellars

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Jackson has good movement and is quick but his finishing is terrible and his decision making is poor too, trying to go for near post when an easy pass was on was criminal 

Usually strikers that become a bit of a joke figure due to their finishing struggle to turn things around so will be interesting to see if he can do that

There's only one Big Joe.

Some of Chelsea’s players probably could join settled teams and become great players who justify the price tags, but it’s Hotel California for them all now…for the club selling a player at a loss means a massive FFP hit, for the players on these 8 year contracts it’s leaving 6 years worth of silly money behind.

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

Some of Chelsea’s players probably could join settled teams and become great players who justify the price tags, but it’s Hotel California for them all now…for the club selling a player at a loss means a massive FFP hit, for the players on these 8 year contracts it’s leaving 6 years worth of silly money behind.

Such a lovely place…

12 hours ago, toon25 said:

Have changed my opinion on Rice since he's moved to Arsenal. He's been fantastic every time I've seen him. Comfortable in every position he's played in at CM. Was everywhere tonight.

He's certainly looked better, but he's playing in a better side so you'd expect that.

He's a great athlete, very strong in his running, and that shows in many of the things he does on the pitch. I still don't think he's quite the superstar that some would say. He's not in the class of someone like Odegaard, who seems to have the lot.

Did I read that Mudryk and Enzo got another years bump on their already ridiculously long contracts a couple of weeks ago? If so, that wouldtwouldn't even count towards FFP amortisation, would it? So just giving a couple of failures even less of an incentive to pick up :lol:

21 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

This is like the ultimate Brewsters Millions (billions). 

How have Chelsea Never before on the field of football conflict has one team managed to blow so much money, on so many players, so quickly and still be so shit. 

Almost Churchillian.:thup:

7 hours ago, Cronky said:

He's certainly looked better, but he's playing in a better side so you'd expect that.

He's a great athlete, very strong in his running, and that shows in many of the things he does on the pitch. I still don't think he's quite the superstar that some would say. He's not in the class of someone like Odegaard, who seems to have the lot.

Bit of an unfair comparison. I’d say Odegaard is the third best player in the league after Foden and de Bruyne who’s top (but not for much longer). Rice is an outstanding player

20 hours ago, KaKa said:

There was someone on here saying he has been ordinary this season and invisible in big games.

I could not believe it.

He’s one of my favourite players, hate that he’s at Arsenal. Still feels underrated to me.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Bit of an unfair comparison. I’d say Odegaard is the third best player in the league after Foden and de Bruyne who’s top (but not for much longer). Rice is an outstanding player

You mean outside of Bruno, Isak, AG and Ritchie?

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

You mean outside of Bruno, Isak, AG and Ritchie?

In fairness, I think Isak has the potential to be a top three player in the league for multiple seasons if he can stay fit 

Ten Hag lowkey reminds me of Steve Bruce. "I'm getting the maximum out of the squad", yeah Bruce also wanted the world to think that he was doing his best being 20th, as he was working with crap players. We had Joelinton, Wilson, Maxi, Willock, Schär, Longstaff, Almiron, and so on. Even lashing out at the media for pointing out the obvious.

Edited by Erikse

21 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Wonder if Norwich fans are dreading potential promotion. Theyll be knowing fine well they're in for a season of misery as they make absolutely no effort to stay up, like they don't every time they come up.

Well they'll have a head start on Leicester at least with their point deduction.

Doubt it will help much though! 😄

I reckon Klopp could go another 7/8 seasons at least if he just stops berating the 4th official every 30 seconds. That must take an awful lot of energy.