Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I miss it as well - I lived on Alexandra park Road, opposite the Maid of Muswell pub most of the time but also lived on Grasmere Road.

renting obviously as the houses cost millions there - I like it because it hasn’t got a tube station of its own so has a cut off feel about it.

Yeah it was magic. I lived on Muswell Hill Rd near the Church, on the bend in the road. Rented a room in a house with 10 others for £500pcm in the late 90s and early 00s. As time goes on it becomes clearer how lucky I was - was a terrific time to be in my 20s in London.

I’m definitely in the camp of I’d definitely not want us to win if it helped Sunderland do something significant. 

It may be small time, but it’s a tiny price to pay in the grand scheme of things. Though I would also argue Arsenal’s title window will be open for a good few years yet, especially given Liverpool and probably Man City (relatively soon) will be going through transitional periods. 

19 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I’m definitely in the camp of I’d definitely not want us to win if it helped Sunderland do something significant. 

It may be small time, but it’s a tiny price to pay in the grand scheme of things. Though I would also argue Arsenal’s title window will be open for a good few years yet, especially given Liverpool and probably Man City (relatively soon) will be going through transitional periods. 

Arsenal have downloaded a coward gene in the last 20 years when it comes to the league. 

27 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Arsenal have downloaded a coward gene in the last 20 years when it comes to the league. 

I don’t see us getting anything Sunday, but if I could be granted one wish it would be for Arteta to pull a Woody Hayes or Mike Tomlin on the touchline and get banned for ever.

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Christ, it's going to be Leicester and Ipswich isn't it

I think Leeds will win the play offs if they are in them, Ipswich won’t.

14 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Christ, it's going to be Leicester and Ipswich isn't it

Ipswich going up is class tbh, would much prefer them going up over any of the other has beens in and around the top of the league.

Leicester, not so much.