Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Very conflicted about this. Would be absolutely hilarious if Spurs beat Liverpool today, however it's Spurs, and it's not like Liverpool has a chance of winning the league anyway if they win. Then again it's not like we have a realistic chance of taking 5th off Spurs either.

What is the optimal course of events to inflict max misery on both sets of teams?

Spurs 98th minute equaliser after being 3-0 down at HT would be ideal.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Very conflicted about this. Would be absolutely hilarious if Spurs beat Liverpool today, however it's Spurs, and it's not like Liverpool has a chance of winning the league anyway if they win. Then again it's not like we have a realistic chance of taking 5th off Spurs either.

What is the optimal course of events to inflict max misery on both sets of teams?

Nothing can change now for Liverpool unless Arsenal and City lose every remaining game. Best we can hope for is Salah gets subbed off, has another tantrum and leaves in the summer.

Spurs get battered here, Romero gets a red, Son gets an injury and then they lose one of the next two games. We win all three and nick 5th off them by one point.

Sorry. I just looked at the league table and I may be late but if Spurs lose today, then Villa in the Chmpions League is confirmed?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

This has nothing to do with us. Generally more people dislike Villa than Brighton.

I literally said why it can matter to us, as Brighton is our next opponent. If Palace didn't beat Liverpool at Anfield, would they have played against us with a high confidence? I would rather have Villa win this game if that would keep Brightons confidence down. I care more about us getting 6th than Villa getting 4th, which they probably will do anyways.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, nufcjb said:

Sorry. I just looked at the league table and I may be late but if Spurs lose today, then Villa in the Chmpions League is confirmed?

No, spurs still have 3 games.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

No, spurs still have 3 games.

Aaaa..ok. It was the latest league table I was seeing. Thought it wasn't taking into account this game. Cheers mate.

Edited by nufcjb

Spurs look horrendous, devoid of all confidence, hopefully it's the same next week and Burnley can get some sort of result.

Spurs look like like they're knackered, not like a team that didn't have any European football and got knocked out of both cup competitions early.

I really hope the Burnley that drew with Man United turn up next week, and not the one we thrashed yesterday :lol:

Just now, The Butcher said:

Maguire oot for three weeks.

Bound to be a record at this point for defensive injuries.