Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Aye aye fair enough. I didn’t know if you were watching it with the same commentators as the UK. Have you seen the second goal Inter just scored? A real classy move. 

Nah missed it, not watching that game. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I say this after watching us yesterday for about 70 minutes and not being able to figure out what our actual defensive plan was. Man U stopped Odegaard getting as much joy as he wanted. We let JP do what he wanted. Saka missed a sitter and got an assist but Martinez locked him down in the main. Saka is that good. We made Solly March look like Saka.

I actually thought Dalot was our best player. Saka got absolutely nothing against him. 

Actually think it was a clear red for Saka on watching it back. It's high and above the ankle. I don't see many players getting away with that. 

If the injuries are significant for the centre backs we're in trouble. Onana forced to go long once Maguire and Evans were the centre backs.

Just now, Froggy said:

I actually thought Dalot was our best player. Saka got absolutely nothing against him. 

Actually think it was a clear red for Saka on watching it back. It's high and above the ankle. I don't see many players getting away with that. 

If the injuries are significant for the centre backs we're in trouble. Onana forced to go long once Maguire and Evans were the centre backs.

Theres 100% some players who get a red for that. Shelvey being one for sure, someone like Mitro probably too. Saka is a golden child in the eyes of the refs.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Martinez was onto Saka in central areas which helped Dalot a lot. He didn’t have to deal with him in those areas and could protect his own space. That move inside that Saka does is difficult for most fullbacks to cope with. 

Aye bad tackle. Unfortunate injuries. It’s a bad sign that both your starting CBs seem injury prone. And the backup. You can have Schar for £80m he’s fit as a fiddle. 

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nah missed it, not watching that game. 

Fair enough. Lovely first time pass from Thuram into Martinez who is sent through one on one. Instead of just slotting it past the keeper side footed he belts it past him. Great stuff. 

what do you reckon of Yan Sommer? I always thought he was a very good keeper who should have got a move to a team like Bayern years ago. Surprised to see they’ve binned him off already and he’s in nets for inter. 

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Ten Hag - “Everything went against us”

Got a penalty overturned, silly cunt.

To be fair, it was never a penalty. :lol: You have to be properly out of your mind to think that it is. 

Clear red on Saka which I'm surprised wasn't looked at but it's lovable Saka so he got away with it.

Never a foul on Evans for their goal mind and I actually thought Garnacho was offside from the first replay. For some reason I always trust the lines.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

To be fair, it was never a penalty. :lol: You have to be properly out of your mind to think that it is. 

Clear red on Saka which I'm surprised wasn't looked at but it's lovable Saka so he got away with it.

Never a foul on Evans for their goal mind and I actually thought Garnacho was offside from the first replay. For some reason I always trust the lines.

The absolute gall of that comment from a Man Utd fan.

:gm's dummy:

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Said the same at the time. He should have led with that.

I don't really know what it is, but there is something really satisfying about watching Ten Haag bitch after a loss. 

I don't even particularly hate him, it's just the way he delivers his interviews that is pure schadenfreude :lol:

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Why cos of the beard?

:lol: If anything goes wrong he always complains about it, rightly or wrongly. And he always says we played well even when we play terrible. Got tired of that pretty quickly.

19 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Fair enough. Lovely first time pass from Thuram into Martinez who is sent through one on one. Instead of just slotting it past the keeper side footed he belts it past him. Great stuff. 

what do you reckon of Yan Sommer? I always thought he was a very good keeper who should have got a move to a team like Bayern years ago. Surprised to see they’ve binned him off already and he’s in nets for inter. 

Sommer looked a bit erratic for Bayern end of last season, which is why I think they weren't keen.

55 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Could have been red for Lindelöf too though. Boot very high on Nketiah.