Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Joe Willock ;) 

Nah, it's a fair point, nobody immediately stands out now I think. I rated Phillips at the Euros, but my concern there is it's not just the City move that's the issue, it's the recurring fitness problems too. Either way, he needs to get himself out this summer.

Aye, knew Tomori came out of that season with rave reviews, have no idea what he's been like since.

5 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Joe Willock ;) 

Nah, it's a fair point, nobody immediately stands out now I think. I rated Phillips at the Euros, but my concern there is it's not just the City move that's the issue, it's the recurring fitness problems too. Either way, he needs to get himself out this summer.

Aye, knew Tomori came out of that season with rave reviews, have no idea what he's been like since.

I think if willocks carries on improving as he has been certainly could look to an england spot, however he very much continues the problem with england midfields, we produce midfielders who like to burst forward, create overloads, eat up the yards with the ball, we do not create ones who can slow down the game, keep the ball or are particularly creative. People want England to play like Man City but we can't with the players we have.

33 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

I think he’s trying to force the issue a bit. Don’t think he’s got the ability to take on three/four players like he’s been trying to do. Granted, is winning fouls but think passing back and to the sides wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. 

he’s got that ability in Germany. When he comes to the PL he’ll evolve to that world class midfielder most of us think he’ll be

Just now, andycap said:

Crackers man isn't it him still not having a meaningful runout for England yet. 

Not when the player he'd be replacing is the best England goalscorer of all time...

These aren't friendlies

Considering he is facing a substantial long term ban for betting on games it is questionable he should be being given a shot to be honest. I guess there is confidence he will get like a 10 game ban or something and basically won't affect his internationals? If I were say Ollie Watkins who is seems to be quietly building a run of form for Villa right now and i havent bet on hundreds of matches i may be a little annoyed

Just now, andycap said:

I know that but this games won. Take kane off for him should of getting half an hour. 

Games aren't finished after 60 minutes man.

Just look at the Denmark game today

13 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I think if willocks carries on improving as he has been certainly could look to an england spot, however he very much continues the problem with england midfields, we produce midfielders who like to burst forward, create overloads, eat up the yards with the ball, we do not create ones who can slow down the game, keep the ball or are particularly creative. People want England to play like Man City but we can't with the players we have.

Especially important when you consider international games aren't played at the breakneck pace of EPL matches.

Just now, andycap said:

You'd think toney was a donkey the way you said that lad 😂 

Well no but England were 2 up against Italy and then they pulled one back and we were clinging on with 10 men

If that happened today in your world we'd have taken off our best player and wasted a tactical substitute

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Well no but England were 2 up against Italy and then they pulled one back and we were clinging on with 10 men

If that happened today in your world we'd have taken off our best player and wasted a tactical substitute

Have Ukraine had a chance even? 

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

So in your book no subs allowed incase the other team scores 

:lol: Yeah that's exactly what I said.

Next time we're 2 up in the league after 60 mins should we bring Bruno off just to give someone else a run out?

Edited by joeyt