Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's looking like another comfortable qualification for Fraudgate's England.

This a qualifier? 😆 Actually thought it was just a friendly due to the build up and defending etc 🙂

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Saka is an absolutely brilliant player, genuine generational talent. I hope he carries on playing with joy on the pitch. Like a Hazard who works hard.

Might as well learn something else today about today’s game 😆

Whats the difference between a talent and a generational talent? 🤔

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Bellingham is also ridiculous, never does anything wrong 

I think he’s trying to force the issue a bit. Don’t think he’s got the ability to take on three/four players like he’s been trying to do. Granted, is winning fouls but think passing back and to the sides wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. 

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Might as well learn something else today about today’s game 😆

Whats the difference between a talent and a generational talent? 🤔

I mean it's just a bit of bollocks to add emphasis, but there are hundreds of talents, a generational talent would be one who be one of the best players 'of a generation' so when we look back on 2020s as a decade in the future we will think Saka as an outstanding player.

Could still be wrong, he could drop off, but the way he controlls the ball and dribbles with it, rides tackles, he can put in crosses, he can cut inside and score, he isn't too selfish...i could go on

Just now, Tiresias said:

I mean it's just a bit of bollocks to add emphasis…

That would’ve sufficed 🙂👍🏻

Here it thrown around so much these days 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

As for Saka he’s on fire and getting better and more importantly more end product. Still think he could be bullied out of a game with the right game plan. Thought we handled him very well after a 5min adjustment. Need to intimidate him whilst marking him tight.

Feels like this generation should really be peaking at the next tournament. Saka/Kane/Rashford front 3, Bellingham/Rice +1 in the middle. Only real weakness is CB, could do with Tomori kicking on and forcing his way in (nee idea how good he actually is btw :lol: seems the obvious contender though).

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

That would’ve sufficed 🙂👍🏻

Here it thrown around so much these days 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

As for Saka he’s on fire and getting better and more importantly more end product. Still think he could be bullied out of a game with the right game plan. Thought we handled him very well after a 5min adjustment. Need to intimidate him whilst marking him tight.

Disagree to be honest, I think he is fouled a lot and one of his most appealing qualities is how much he rides the challenges, something oldschool in him running with chunks being taken out of him

2 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Feels like this generation should really be peaking at the next tournament. Saka/Kane/Rashford front 3, Bellingham/Rice +1 in the middle. Only real weakness is CB, could do with Tomori kicking on and forcing his way in (nee idea how good he actually is btw :lol: seems the obvious contender though).

I think the +1 in the centre is an issue, I am not 100% convinced by rice, I have definitely seen him play like the real deal and has been solid for england, but I don't know if he is really 'world class'.  Bellingham I have not seen enough of but has really impressed me, and if all the raving is true then he should be there. Then after that who is there? Henderson is too old tbh, Philips may have fucked his career with man city move, may get it back but we'll see. After that? You need some depth but in midfield i don't think we have any. People are critical of Southgate, including me but we do not have a midfield who can play possession based football. Tomori by all acounts had a worldie of a seaosn when milan won league and has been rubbish ever since so doubt that.