Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

20 minutes ago, LV said:

Emerson Royal was called up for Brazil?? :lol:

He was so so bad :lol: So was Alex Telles and Paqueta. At the very least Ibanez from Roma looks like a decent 4th/5th option going forward in central defence to compete with the likea of Gabriel Magalhaes. 

Completely forgot that Wednesday were on Sky again, a bit like us, after going 23 games unbeaten in the league, they have now lost 2 in a row, although today wasn't against a Man City type equivalent, it was against bottom club Forest Green (which I think is big Dunc's first win in charge).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sheffield-wednesday/table

Very tight now. Just 3 points clear of Ipswich, and a worse GD, and Barnsley will be fancying their chances more now after winning in midweek. 6 behind with a game in hand.

44 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Unless I’ve misinterpreted the rules, that’s a ludicrous penalty decision given against Denmark. Is VAR a thing in Kazakhstan?

They VAR checked Demmarks first goal so they had VAR available. Absolutely baffling penalty call.

We were not cruising in the slightest - again weak mentality and arrogance cost us, same thing happened during the World Cup. We are a complete shambles only propped up by playing against very poor competition in our recent qualifiers. Our win against Finland was a dreadful game as well.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

We were not cruising in the slightest - again weak mentality and arrogance cost us, same thing happened during the World Cup. We are a complete shambles only propped up by playing against very poor competition in our recent qualifiers. Our win against Finland was a dreadful game as well.

I mean, you were pretty comfortable until the ref just gave them a penalty. I was just waiting for your inevitable third to kill them off. 

It does feel strange to see England and Italy in the same group, as well as France and Netherlands, yet Denmark being the clear better side in that group. They should probably still be fine, but it does open the group up.

Ukraine being the third team in our group feel stronger on paper than anything Denmark will face.

Edited by Paullow

12 minutes ago, Paullow said:

It does feel strange to see England and Italy in the same group, as well as France and Netherlands, yet Denmark being the clear better side in that group. They should probably still be fine, but it does open the group up.

Ukraine being the third team in our group feel stronger on paper than anything Denmark will face.

Yeah, I think our group is arguably the hardest. If you are not Italy or England and finish in the top 2, then you have done well.

How the fuck Belarus are allowed to compete is beyond me though.

14 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Yes, Denmark have been extremely lucky with the draw. Even though they lost today they should still win the group comfortably.