Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Just noticed that UCL is now Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday which is a bit shite. Takes away the shine from Europa League and Conference League and feels like too much football with the added day per gameweek and two additional gameweeks. That's 48 matches for group stage if you watch the earlier slot too. I could always not watch but meh, I want the old system back.

9 minutes ago, Pata said:

Just noticed that UCL is now Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday which is a bit shite. Takes away the shine from Europa League and Conference League and feels like too much football with the added day per gameweek and two additional gameweeks. That's 48 matches for group stage if you watch the earlier slot too. I could always not watch but meh, I want the old system back.

Its only for this gameweek, with the Europa League not starting until next week, and the Conference League the week after, beyond this week it'll be Tuesday and Wednesday only.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Its only for this gameweek, with the Europa League not starting until next week, and the Conference League the week after, beyond this week it'll be Tuesday and Wednesday only.

Nice, thanks!

12 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

The lad with the ‘tache who still remains the highest scoring player in English top flight football? 

Aye, that one. Never saw him play, was he as good as the numbers suggest?

Wonder if it’s fixed due to my search history, but I enjoyed ChatGPT’s answer to this question:

Objectively, which team has the best fans in the premier league?

1. Newcastle United

•    Loyalty and Passion: Newcastle’s fanbase is renowned for its loyalty, even during difficult times when the club has been relegated or underperformed. St James’ Park regularly sells out its 52,000+ capacity, even in lower divisions, showing their commitment. The atmosphere is electric, with passionate support throughout the game, and they are seen as some of the most dedicated fans in English football.
    •    Community: The club is a central part of the identity of Newcastle and the wider region.

Objectively, Key Criteria for “Best Fans”:

•    Loyalty: Newcastle, Leeds, and Liverpool fans stand out for their unwavering support, especially through tough times.
    •    Atmosphere: Crystal Palace, Liverpool, and Newcastle are often cited as having the best atmospheres at their home grounds.
    •    Global Support: Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal have the largest international followings.
    •    Community Connection: Clubs like West Ham, Newcastle, and Leeds have a strong local identity and community connection.

Conclusion:

There is no definitive answer to which team has the “best” fans, but Newcastle United, Liverpool, and Leeds United are frequently mentioned for their passion, loyalty, and atmosphere. However, fans of clubs like Crystal Palace and West Ham also deserve recognition for the unique energy they bring. Ultimately, what makes a fanbase the “best” is subjective and often depends on individual preferences, experiences, and the values one prioritizes.

Scousers won’t be happy…

Edited by PRL

9 minutes ago, PRL said:

Wonder if it’s fixed due to my search history, but I enjoyed ChatGPT’s answer to this question:

Objectively, which team has the best fans in the premier league?

1. Newcastle United

•    Loyalty and Passion: Newcastle’s fanbase is renowned for its loyalty, even during difficult times when the club has been relegated or underperformed. St James’ Park regularly sells out its 52,000+ capacity, even in lower divisions, showing their commitment. The atmosphere is electric, with passionate support throughout the game, and they are seen as some of the most dedicated fans in English football.
    •    Community: The club is a central part of the identity of Newcastle and the wider region.

•    Loyalty: Newcastle, Leeds, and Liverpool fans stand out for their unwavering support, especially through tough times.
    •    Atmosphere: Crystal Palace, Liverpool, and Newcastle are often cited as having the best atmospheres at their home grounds.
    •    Global Support: Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal have the largest international followings.
    •    Community Connection: Clubs like West Ham, Newcastle, and Leeds have a strong local identity and community connection.

Conclusion:

There is no definitive answer to which team has the “best” fans, but Newcastle United, Liverpool, and Leeds United are frequently mentioned for their passion, loyalty, and atmosphere. However, fans of clubs like Crystal Palace and West Ham also deserve recognition for the unique energy they bring. Ultimately, what makes a fanbase the “best” is subjective and often depends on individual preferences, experiences, and the values one prioritizes.

Scousers won’t be happy…

Copied your question and asked the same one verbatim, got this answer: 

Determining the "best" fans in the Premier League can be subjective and varies depending on criteria like loyalty, passion, support, and atmosphere at matches. However, a few teams are frequently highlighted:

1. Newcastle United: Known for their passionate and dedicated fanbase, especially at St. James' Park, where the atmosphere is often electric.
  2. Liverpool: Their famous anthem "You'll Never Walk Alone" and consistent support, both home and away, showcase their dedication.
  3. Manchester City: The fanbase has grown significantly with the club's success, and they create a strong atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium.
  4. West Ham United: Their fans are known for their vocal support and strong sense of community.
  5. Leeds United: The intensity of their fans, known as the "Whites," is legendary, with a history of unwavering support.

Ultimately, it often comes down to personal experiences and affiliations! Who do you think has the best fans?

Have to admit I'm not that fond of an AI asking me about my opinion after answering a question I asked it :lol: 

2001 A Space Odyssey Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Edited by Kaizero

I need some help from this group of fans.  I am working on getting a signed Newcastle jersey framed; however, the individual who gave it to me did not provide a list of signatures along with the jersey.  Can you guys please help me identify the following signatures from the 2021/2022 roster?  Here is a pic of the entire jersey.

IMG_7453.JPG

IMG_7454.JPG

IMG_7455.JPG

IMG_7456.JPG

IMG_7457.JPG

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7460.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

IMG_7462.JPG

IMG_7463.JPG

16 hours ago, PRL said:

•    Loyalty: Newcastle, Leeds, and Liverpool fans stand out for their unwavering support, especially through tough times. - SUBJECTIVE
    •    Atmosphere: Crystal Palace, Liverpool, and Newcastle are often cited as having the best atmospheres at their home grounds. - SUBJECTIVE
    •    Global Support: Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal have the largest international followings. - OBJECTIVE
    •    Community Connection: Clubs like West Ham, Newcastle, and Leeds have a strong local identity and community connection. - SUBJECTIVE

AI is dumb.

19 hours ago, King Shearers Men said:

I need some help from this group of fans.  I am working on getting a signed Newcastle jersey framed; however, the individual who gave it to me did not provide a list of signatures along with the jersey.  Can you guys please help me identify the following signatures from the 2021/2022 roster?  Here is a pic of the entire jersey.

IMG_7453.JPG

IMG_7454.JPG

IMG_7455.JPG

IMG_7456.JPG

IMG_7457.JPG

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7460.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

IMG_7462.JPG

IMG_7463.JPG

Looks like a load of stewarts signatures there mate. Third from bottom is Bev the tea lady.

Was at another game today and couldn't help but notice how fucking on it the home ball boys/girls were when they were chasing the game. They had a fresh ball to the player who needed it within 2-3 seconds literally every time it went out, and it made me wonder why ours are always so chronically slow and nowhere near as efficient.

39 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Was at another game today and couldn't help but notice how fucking on it the home ball boys/girls were when they were chasing the game. They had a fresh ball to the player who needed it within 2-3 seconds literally every time it went out, and it made me wonder why ours are always so chronically slow and nowhere near as efficient.

well it's gone bloody woke and they're not allowed to do anything that might impact the game anymore.

I'm sure the new PL rules state that the ball boy person can only put the ball back on the cone and not give it directly to a player.

4 minutes ago, Big River said:

well it's gone bloody woke and they're not allowed to do anything that might impact the game anymore.

I'm sure the new PL rules state that the ball boy person can only put the ball back on the cone and not give it directly to a player.

Bloody hell, didn't know that. It's political correctness gone mad.

The player once perennially linked with us every transfer window for a couple of seasons, Per Ciljan Skjelbred, has said he'll play one more season for his local team, Ranheim, in the Norwegian 2nd (or 3rd if relegated this season), tier. After that, he'd retire.

Instead of coming to play for us, he ended up spending nine seasons playing in the Bundesliga (two for HSV and seven for Hertha Berlin), meaning I dare say he'll have made a fair wad of cash across his career.

Which brings me to the reason I wanted to post about this, as at the same time as announcing he'd play for one more season... he said what he was gonna do after, which was to attend school for two years so he'd become a licenced fireman and then start working as one full time :lol: 

I mean, if I was an multi-millionaire, I feel I'd not start working on a job that is known to be underpaid for the risks it involves to a person's life and health. When he was asked:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

His response was simpy "When I grew up, I always wanted to be a footballer, but if I didn't make it, I wanted to be a fireman. I've been lucky enough to have a long and fulfilling career as a footballer, but after next season that's over. That means, for me, the only thing that makes sense is to hopefully be lucky enough to get to spend the rest of my working years doing my second biggest dream job."

Sad Doctor Who GIF

48 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Doesn’t being a firefighter have one of the highest incidences of early mortality out of all professions? Due to the inhaling of dangerous compounds? @Groundhog63 are you a firefighter? Couldn’t remember. What’s the take on this within the profession?

Retired

Yep, unfortunately, you are correct. Higher incidence of cancers etc due to inhalation of carcinogenics. Obviously, back in the day, you had "Fireman" tucking their beards in and storming off into billowing smoke and flames whereas now they've got top of the range BA sets. Lots of plastics about now and vehicle fires are giving off pure death ☠️😳

Even with best practice, tho, there's always going to be exposure. Before I retired we were being told to wash our fire kit more often, for eg, after every job even. 

It's not just cancers tho. There's a high tenancy to have heart conditions too.

I couldn't do them justice in one post but there's numerous studies about how fit a FF should be and how the stresses and strain on the heart can lead to illness. 

Basically, the energy/stresses demanded within the short time frame of receiving an alarm, travelling to then dealing with the initial incident are similar to a top athlete. 

Training for that, consistently, over 30/40 years is impossible. 

1 hour ago, Kaizero said:

The player once perennially linked with us every transfer window for a couple of seasons, Per Ciljan Skjelbred, has said he'll play one more season for his local team, Ranheim, in the Norwegian 2nd (or 3rd if relegated this season), tier. After that, he'd retire.

Instead of coming to play for us, he ended up spending nine seasons playing in the Bundesliga (two for HSV and seven for Hertha Berlin), meaning I dare say he'll have made a fair wad of cash across his career.

Which brings me to the reason I wanted to post about this, as at the same time as announcing he'd play for one more season... he said what he was gonna do after, which was to attend school for two years so he'd become a licenced fireman and then start working as one full time :lol: 

I mean, if I was an multi-millionaire, I feel I'd not start working on a job that is known to be underpaid for the risks it involves to a person's life and health. When he was asked:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

His response was simpy "When I grew up, I always wanted to be a footballer, but if I didn't make it, I wanted to be a fireman. I've been lucky enough to have a long and fulfilling career as a footballer, but after next season that's over. That means, for me, the only thing that makes sense is to hopefully be lucky enough to get to spend the rest of my working years doing my second biggest dream job."

Sad Doctor Who GIF

Sure Scott Sloan joined the Fire Service. In Sweden iirc or Northumberland 😂😂

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Doesn’t being a firefighter have one of the highest incidences of early mortality out of all professions? Due to the inhaling of dangerous compounds? @Groundhog63 are you a firefighter? Couldn’t remember. What’s the take on this within the profession?

I would think being a N-O mod has a pretty high rate of early mortality too