Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

1 hour ago, Ste said:

Why did they invite IShowSpeed to the ceremony man? Just watched a clip of him barking after they announced Messi. 

I have no idea who this guy is, but I've spent around 5-6 months hitting "do not recommend" on Youtube trying to stop him from appearing on my algorithm. 

His face and exaggerated expressions are annoying enough for me to have switched away without ever having to hear him speak. Cannot be fucked with streaming celebs. Celebrity culture was already bad enough with a lot of people doing lots for attention but some of these streamers will do absolutely anything possible for clicks and likes. It’s so pathetic. I know they’re rich as fuck but you couldn’t pay me to do that shit 

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

His face and exaggerated expressions are annoying enough for me to have switched away without ever having to hear him speak. Cannot be fucked with streaming celebs. Celebrity culture was already bad enough with a lot of people doing lots for attention but some of these streamers will do absolutely anything possible for clicks and likes. It’s so pathetic. I know they’re rich as fuck but you couldn’t pay me to do that shit 

Yep - miserable old cunt alert - I fucking hate this stuff.

Literally got zero interest in any of them or any of the shite they do for money.

3 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Fans who are like a massive Messi or Ronaldo fan first and foremost, above any club or national team, are so fucking weird and creepy.  They're more like F1 or tennis fans where you get into this cult of personality. And it's not good enough to just have some massive man-crush on Messi you have to disparage Ronaldo as well and go to war with Ronaldophiles in the comments of everything.

Honestly I think it provides a useful function on any general football forum. Mention one or other in a thread, then just go elsewhere while the numbskulls quarantine themselves in there for a while.

5 hours ago, Erikse said:

Messi was Agrentinas best player overall, but saying that Messi singlehandedly won them the World Cup is disrespectful to the Argentinian team. They had a lot of good players who performed well.

Messi 100% carried that team all the way. Obviously they had other good performers too but a real chance they don’t even get out of their group without Messi. 

Think he deserves the one last Ballon d’or just for his performances in that tournament, he was amazing.

20 minutes ago, joeyt said:

There's a few ways of looking at this cos you could easily choose someone from a relegated PL side who did a one-season tour of the Championship and took the piss.

I'd probably look for someone who spent a while in the division and was consistently excellent every season.

Peter Whittingham probably not a bad shout (RIP) or I can't shake Adel Taarabt either as a possible.

People who've dropped down like you say (Coloccini, etc) shouldn't count aye.

I didn't realise Kinkladze spent two seasons at City in that division, always thought he left for Ajax when they went down from the PL to Division One but he was a regular in the team who dropped to the third tier. Mental. 

Loads of love for pretty legendary players like Prosinecki who did it all in the game but spent a year at Portsmouth. Ali Benarbia a similar one under Keegan at City. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I’m not sure what the formal grammar expectation is but I’d always use “are”

in that situation. I’d use “is” and “are” interchangeably for this though “Sainsbury’s is / are shit for sandwiches”. “Sports Direct are a shite company, Sports Direct is such a shit place to shop”.

I’m sure the grammar is wrong above for the Chelsea comments but not entirely sure why

5 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

It looks clunky but isn't "is" correct when talking about an organisation? I get this wrong all the time.

Really? Ok I'm happy to be corrected but it just reads wrong to me. I thought surely it should be are?.