Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

How can he hate women? His mums one.

That's true, but he's chinned her loads and dished out multiple Chinese burns for fuck all...allegedly 

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

However bad a pundit Eni Aluko is why's, the gammon's new heart throb, wor Joey Barton not gunning for Alan Brazil and Gaby Abhonglahor? 

Thick as whale spunk, the pair of them. 

Obvs not enough grift in it for him. 

Had to change stations this morning whilst on my morning walk. An unbearable listen.

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

However bad a pundit Eni Aluko is why's, the gammon's new heart throb, wor Joey Barton not gunning for Alan Brazil and Gaby Abhonglahor? 

Thick as whale spunk, the pair of them. 

Obvs not enough grift in it for him. 

Because he wants to be anti-woke, or atleast appear to be. Going for guys isn’t on, especially ones who played the game, ‘because they know what they are talking about’.

Eni Aluko is fucking shit like, but the abuse isn’t called for. There is some fucking shit lasses on now, but some decent ones, but the same can be said of the men’s side.

I wonder where all these ‘anti-woke’ people have been for the last 30 years when we have had female commentators, Gabby Logan presenting a question of sport etc. Why is it only a problem now they are in the studio?

Because Gabby Logan is very good at what she does, she is there on merit. Is Aluko or Alex Scott?

It's easy to see why the knuckle-draggers are out in force these days. Sometimes I think the BBC do it on purpose.

52 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Had to change stations this morning whilst on my morning walk. An unbearable listen.

As I say, I'm not a regular but this morning was grim af. 

If that's routine, I'm out 😂

8 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Because Gabby Logan is very good at what she does, she is there on merit. Is Aluko or Alex Scott?

It's easy to see why the knuckle-draggers are out in force these days. Sometimes I think the BBC do it on purpose.

Alex Scott is easy on the eye, affable and uncontroversial. Bit like Jenas. 

As for the "BBC do it on purpose"? One would only think that if one believed that the BBC is "woke" & "left wing" 

It's neither. The governance of the Corporation and "News" production is very much right wing. 

I'll be honest, punditry in the UK is generally quite shite. Aluko is terrible but I've still yet to see a constructive point Redknapp/Michael Dawson etc have made. Barton is just going for low hanging fruit - someone shouldn't feel bullied just cause someone doesn't appreciate her work.

Just now, Menace said:

I'll be honest, punditry in the UK is generally quite shite. Aluko is terrible but I've still yet to see a constructive point Redknapp/Michael Dawson etc have made. Barton is just going for low hanging fruit - someone shouldn't feel bullied just cause someone doesn't appreciate her work.

Good god I can't stand him [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Alex Scott is easy on the eye, affable and uncontroversial. Bit like Jenas. 

As for the "BBC do it on purpose"? One would only think that if one believed that the BBC is "woke" & "left wing" 

It's neither. The governance of the Corporation and "News" production is very much right wing. 

I don't think you can lump the BBC in as one or the other, there's far too many individuals connected with their own views. What I meant was that certain people within the BBC appear to be more than happy to continually poke the bear. Nowt wrong with that, I like riling the gammons as much as the next, I just think it's a bit of a shame when you replace genuine talent with those who are simply "affable and uncontroversial".

On 13/01/2024 at 10:29, Ben said:

I know I'm a miserable cunt, but I fucking hate Salt Bae.

:lol: the dictionary definition of “grift” just a picture of Salt Bae. Still can’t believe he rocked up on the pitch when Argentina won the WC.

15 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I don't think you can lump the BBC in as one or the other, there's far too many individuals connected with their own views. What I meant was that certain people within the BBC appear to be more than happy to continually poke the bear. Nowt wrong with that, I like riling the gammons as much as the next, I just think it's a bit of a shame when you replace genuine talent with those who are simply "affable and uncontroversial".

Perhaps heading towards, if it's not there already, a Chat thread but I doubt anyone in the Sports Dept thought "let's stick that Eni Aluko on, that'll piss off the Red Wall, plus she's Nigerian" 

I joke to the Mrs about women pundit/comms etc but, tbf, I'm ambivalent. 

Probs not very positive but there's blokes out there, ex pros and otherwise, who talk a right load of bollox as well. 

For every Aluko there's a Robbie Savage, Paul Merson, Phil Thompson etc etc etc absolutely divvies. 

1 hour ago, Deuce said:

:lol: the dictionary definition of “grift” just a picture of Salt Bae. Still can’t believe he rocked up on the pitch when Argentina won the WC.

Have you seen the wee fella imitating him now with baklava and starting to gain a following? Mr. Super Wow. :lol:

Edited by Froggy

2 hours ago, Deuce said:

We live in the worst timeline.

29 minutes ago, Disco said:

If people are daft enough to fall for his schtick then fair enough IMO. Good luck to the absolute weirdo and total freak.

Salt Bae or Lego Bitch? 

IMG_0281.thumb.jpeg.7d72f7ea104018c87447b9607173842c.jpeg

Seems both bizarre and wrong.

Suppose it’s just another example of the incredible power of the PL and what an incredible marketing success it is.

Edited by SteV

16 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

FYI, that embedded video worked simply by me pasting it in with twitter.com in the URL, didn't change it to X.com

Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE