Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Kane’s scored more goals in an infinitely better league for an underperforming side.

Not just about goals is it, Osimhen was overall probably the best player of a title-winning side. 

Haven’t seen Real much this season but they only won the Copa del Rey with Benzema scoring 19 league goals so not sure what he’s doing that far up.

16 minutes ago, Collage said:

Not just about goals is it, Osimhen was overall probably the best player of a title-winning side. 

Haven’t seen Real much this season but they only won the Copa del Rey with Benzema scoring 19 league goals so not sure what he’s doing that far up.

:grrm:

9 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

:grrm:

Sigh. ”Not just about goals” doesn’t mean that goals are irrelevant. Maybe Benzema has been absolutely brilliant at 35 years of age and deserve to be ranked second behind Haaland, feel free to enlighten me.

22 minutes ago, Collage said:

Sigh. ”Not just about goals” doesn’t mean that goals are irrelevant. Maybe Benzema has been absolutely brilliant at 35 years of age and deserve to be ranked second behind Haaland, feel free to enlighten me.

I mean, that's exactly it :lol:

FA Cup replays could be scrapped, the early rounds moved to midweeks and the final staged on an ordinary Premier League weekend from the 2024-25 season in the biggest shake-up in the competition’s 152-year history.

Mail Sport has been told the terms of an extraordinary deal which would see the Premier League sell overseas TV rights for the FA Cup for ten years from the 2024-25 season, giving the top-flight clubs control of the entire domestic calendar.

The FA insist that the tender process for overseas rights remains ongoing, but it is understood chief executive Mark Bullingham is minded to accept the Premier League's offer and their terms, which include:

/ The abolition of FA Cup replays.

/ The prospect of early rounds of the competition being played midweek.

/ The end of a stand-alone weekend for the FA Cup final at the end of the season, with the showpiece occasion being brought forward to clash with a regular weekend of Premier League fixtures every year. 

/ A 10-year deal to sell foreign TV rights for all overseas markets, and the possibility of subsequently selling the domestic rights, which are currently held by BBC and ITV.

/ An increased offer payment from the Premier League to the FA to fund grassroots football. 

The Premier League are pushing for changes to the domestic calendar due to the expansion of the Champions League, which from 2024 will feature 10 matches in the group stage.

The FA's willingness to cede control of its biggest competition will spark a backlash from lower division clubs, who rely on FA Cup replays for revenue and have concerns about losing control of their fixture list to the Premier League. 

Sources at several clubs told Mail Sport that the FA were effectively taking a Premier League bribe to gain more money for the grassroots game at a time when EFL clubs have yet to receive a formal offer for the increased funding package that has been demanded by government.

The FA's controversial move may also lead to an intervention from government to block the new deal amidst concerns that it will erode the governing body's independence and leave them controlled by the Premier League. Several sources have claimed that the FA are attempting to rush the deal through before the introduction of the government-backed independent regulator, who would have powers to block it.

The FA's surprise willingness to do a deal with the Premier League is a result of a dramatic decline in the value of FA Cup rights to overseas broadcasters. The current deal which expires at the end of the 2024-25 season in which agencies IMG and Pitch International sell the rights on behalf of the FA brings in around £150million-a-year, but this is now understood to be around £100m. 

The FA declined to comment when contacted by Mail Sport. 

?

All down to the Champions bastard League and the hideous pricks who compete in it. 

1 minute ago, Collage said:

Better than Osimhen and Kane this season, that’s remarkable. I’ve obviously missed out.

It's all very subjective isn't it, and frankly a bit tedious. I never take any interest in a list of "who is the best" as there isn't really a decent measure. I think Kane's been a bit average this season but still scored loads of goals (I guess that's his job). 

"Which player would you rather sign" is a better question. 

Kane is disarmingly good. You look at him physically and his close control and you think he really shouldn’t be world class. However, his finishing off both feet, his aerial ability, his movement and his passing and vision are all world class 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Kane is disarmingly good. You look at him physically and his close control and you think he really shouldn’t be world class. However, his finishing off both feet, his aerial ability, his movement and his passing and vision are all world class 

I personally think he's better than Haaland (still LOADS of time for Haaland to improve though). Shame he's a twat who always goes out to injure our players.

23 minutes ago, gbandit said:

All undoubtedly true, but he's going to be 30 later this month so still think Levy will want to cash in. That doesn't mean his legs are going to drop off, or he'll stop scoring goals, just means whichever club chucks £70-80m at him will need to have their financials in order so they don't get fucked over in the long run.

47 minutes ago, gbandit said:

His close control is brilliant. He’s not a dribbler or anything but that’s not down to close control.  

45 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I personally think he's better than Haaland (still LOADS of time for Haaland to improve though). Shame he's a twat who always goes out to injure our players.

Haaland’s attributes are ‘overpowered’. He’s not as good at as many things but the things he’s good at, nobody can get close and they have an outsized impact on goal scoring.

Kane is as good as it gets for a player with 0 speed, flair and agility. If he had any of the 3 he would win Ballon D’or.  

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aluko only gets so much stick for 2 reasons…….

I have no love for her. But she gets way more stick than any other pundit for obvious reasons.  

She's thick. That's one.

Danny Murphy gets as much stick btw. Same reason.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

She's thick. That's one.

Danny Murphy gets as much stick btw. Same reason.

No one questions Danny Murphy's position based on his gender and race though do they? It's that he's an ex-player, jobs for the boys etc.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

No one questions Danny Murphy's position based on his gender and race though do they? It's that he's an ex-player, jobs for the boys etc.

I mean that's true, but isn't anything to do with the post I quoted?

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I mean that's true, but isn't anything to do with the post I quoted?

If his past posts are anything to go by, TCD was saying those are the main 2 reasons she gets stick above and beyond what you'd otherwise expect.

Don't disagree tbh.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

If his past posts are anything to go by, TCD was saying those are the main 2 reasons she gets stick above and beyond what you'd otherwise expect.

Don't disagree tbh.

Does Alex Scott get the same abuse? Genuine question, as I don't know how much stick either of them actually get?

Just now, Shearergol said:

Does Alex Scott get the same abuse? Genuine question, as I don't know how much stick either of them actually get?

Not the same as each other, but it's a bit like comparing the abuse Dianne Abbott gets vs what Zarah Sultana gets imo. The amount varies, but they both get blatany more abuse than you would expect someone white or male to get, and often from exactly the people you'd expect to be giving it.

Then when it's highlighted they're 'playing the race card'

Yes but not to the same extent. Being a lighter skinned black person and being considered attractive are 2 things that have been proven to improve life outcomes so that isn’t a surprise. 

She also says less controversial things tbf.  

Also Vini Jr gets racial abuse up and down la liga. Rodrygo doesn’t. Does that mean Vini Jr doesn’t receive racism from those very same fans? No. So.. does that make the racism Vini receives ‘imaginary’? No. Racism is complex and impacts different people to different extents. 

Danny Murphy is a more prominent a media personality than Aluko. He doesn’t get the same level of stick. Every time Aluko is on TV some people start talking. That doesn’t happen for Murphy. 

Edited by The College Dropout

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yes but not to the same extent. Being a lighter skinned black person and being considered attractive are 2 things that have been proven to improve life outcomes so that isn’t a surprise. 

She also says less controversial things tbf. 

Danny Murphy is a more prominent a media personality than Aluko. He doesn’t get the same level of stick. Every time Aluko is on TV some people start talking. That doesn’t happen for Murphy. 

could be because Murphy says less controversial things..?