Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I knew he must have big family problems because of not having the name on the shirt, but yeah, could never have guessed there was as much trauma as that.

Think he’s from a rough area no? Coming from such an area I’m not surprised at all. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Think he’s from a rough area no? Coming from such an area I’m not surprised at all. 

Bit of a strange thing to write publically. 

4 minutes ago, OCK said:

Sexual abuse, broken families and drugs exclusive to "rough areas" like?

That’s not what I said at all mind. The point he was making related to trauma in general which are prevalent and manifest themselves in any number of way’s particularly in left behind communities. 

I haven't watched it yet but it's an incredibly brave thing to do and hopefully stops the "he's got a load of money how can he have mental health problems" stigma.

Probably guilty of it in the past but have to remember it's just a game of football and they are human beings all of which have different upbringings and trauma which we've got no idea about

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We should assume that this is case whenever someone has a career dip like he has had. It's much more likely that they're suffering in some way than they're just lazy.

This. 100 percent. 

11 hours ago, joeyt said:

I haven't watched it yet but it's an incredibly brave thing to do and hopefully stops the "he's got a load of money how can he have mental health problems" stigma.

Probably guilty of it in the past but have to remember it's just a game of football and they are human beings all of which have different upbringings and trauma which we've got no idea about

As near usual, he says he got word the press caught wind he’d been in rehab and had started to pressure (blackmail) because that’s a normal way to behave. 

Saying that and as he said if he can even help one other person by speaking he’s done a good thing. Speaks really, really well. Neville a really underrated interviewer too. 

Huge respect or Dele for facing all that trauma and then being able to talk about it. The courage to even seek help is inspiring when your past is littered with so many examples of abuse and mistreatment 

Dele comes across as very articulate and intelligent.

seems like he got into therapy/rehab just in time.

good on him.

mental health services in this country are a joke.

just worry for people like Dele but who dont have the money to pay for it themselves.

2 hours ago, Gaztoon said:

One hell of a player in there.. if he can turn it around with help.. who better than Eddie howe and the new culture at newcastle.

Lad deserves a helping hand.

He’s a brave lad and deserves much credit for that interview.

I wouldn’t want NUFC going out and signing him, though.  

Ex-Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been cleared of raping a woman and attempting to rape another.

The 28-year-old was accused of attacking a 24-year-old woman at his £4m mansion in Mottram St Andrew, Cheshire in October 2020.

Mr Mendy was also accused of the attempted rape of another woman, aged 29, who said he had also molested her at his home two years before.

It comes after he was cleared of six rapes at an earlier trial in January.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-66201526