Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

I personally think he's better than Haaland (still LOADS of time for Haaland to improve though). Shame he's a twat who always goes out to injure our players.

And the diving.

6 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

could be because Murphy says less controversial things..?

Like the time Murphy said a shot that hit the post should count as ‘a Shot on target’?

Or the time he kept calling Dubs ‘Dubrovnik’ despite Dubs having already made 100 appearances for us?

Or this year when he (and Simon Jordan) didn’t comprehend the Lisbon Lions of Celtic won a legitimate quadruple - all 3 domestic Scottish titles and the European Cup - with a team almost exclusively born within 10 miles of Celtic Park.   

I found that after a quick google.  Must be many more, Murphy is never shy if a job. All of those factually incorrect and 2 being disrespectful and ignorant to boot. None generating as much noise as Aluko’s LIVED EXPERIENCE and IDEA that (while seeming fanciful) is at least plausible. It’s almost like other factors are at play. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Like the time Murphy said a shot that hit the post should count as ‘a Shot on target’?

Or the time he kept calling Dubs ‘Dubrovnik’ despite Dubs having already made 100 appearances for us?

Or this year when he (and Simon Jordan) didn’t comprehend the Lisbon Lions of Celtic won a legitimate quadruple - all 3 domestic Scottish titles and the European Cup - with a team almost exclusively born within 10 miles of Celtic Park.   

I found that after a quick google.  Must be many more, Murphy is never shy if a job. All of those factually incorrect and 2 being disrespectful and ignorant to boot. None generating as much noise as Aluko’s LIVED EXPERIENCE and IDEA that (while seeming fanciful) is at least plausible. It’s almost like other factors are at play. 

So controversial you had to Google them to find them. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Aluko only gets so much stick for 2 reasons…….

I have no love for her. But she gets way more stick than any other pundit for obvious reasons.  

I think its the slow condescending way she speaks, like a female Garth Crooks, she takes nobody else's opinion on board and if she is ever questioned on some shite that's come out of her mouth she immediately calls foul play and says her opinion is not respected because of her Race, Sexuality or Gender. As for having your DM's posted, FFS man its 2023 unless you can trust someone 110% you don't send anyone anything that could come back to haunt you, that's just common sense. 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

So controversial you had to Google them to find them. 

Yeh because being black and a woman is controversial to many people. The scrutiny is x100. 

The lead singer of the red hot chilli peppers raped with a 14-year old as a grown man and made a song about it. You’ll have to google that to fact check it, doesn’t make it any less heinous an act.  

Regardless of her football takes she just always comes across as a twat on social media as well. 

If you're going on twitter and posting controversial or antagonising views you're going to get some backlash, and she's well aware of that. 

Even when she made that famous Richarlison mistake in the world cup she could have just had a laugh about it and it would have been forgotten about straight away. 

"Got myself a First class law degree, 102 caps & a Doctorate but Maths wasn’t always my forte. Nearly 1 in 2 games is the math on Richarlison.

But some of you weirdo twitterati knew that already. Might also learn from the rest of the analysis conveniently ignored.”

"Couldn't be bothered with all the sensitive negative people on Twitter,' she wrote. 'Should have tweeted how incredible furlough is, that would've elicited a lovely response"

Can see why Talksport hired her as she'll just say something daft and then happy to argue all day about it. 

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think its the slow condescending way she speaks, like a female Garth Crooks, she takes nobody else's opinion on board and if she is ever questioned on some shite that's come out of her mouth she immediately calls foul play and says her opinion is not respected because of her Race, Sexuality or Gender. As for having your DM's posted, FFS man its 2023 unless you can trust someone 110% you don't send anyone anything that could come back to haunt you, that's just common sense. 

Aye it’s the way that she talks. That’s THE reason people have such a problem with her. And then she always plays the race card. Because it’s not her race and gender that’s the problem, it’s her pointing it out when she’s criticised that’s the problem.  

They used to say MLK overplayed the race card uno. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Aye it’s the way that she talks. That’s THE reason people have such a problem with her. And then she always plays the race card. Because it’s not her race and gender that’s the problem, it’s her pointing it out when she’s criticised that’s the problem.  

They used to say MLK overplayed the race card uno. 

I don't think you can tell people what opinion they should have of other people, personally I don't think she's a good pundit, but then I think Emma Haynes and Karen Carney are great.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

I don't think you can tell people what opinion they should have of other people, personally I don't think she's a good pundit, but then I think Emma Haynes and Karen Carney are great.

When have I done that in my reply to you? I’ve said what you’ve said + context. 

I don’t doubt for a second that there are people who jump on Aluko because of her race and her sex. We know there are tons of racist and sexist dickheads about. Still, if she has an opinion I think is shit I’ll call it out. She’s got just as much right to say what she wants as the great swathe of other terrible football pundits and commentators out there, which completely dwarf the very few people who talk sensibly about the game 

Aye, a comment that I have major issues with. We have an endless amount of shit ex-footballers from the men’s game who are handed media jobs and contribute nothing. I’m all for widening access and getting away from the same tired names. I really can’t stand the “positive discrimination” debate, we should be looking to have a diverse media that represents the people and the audience. That’s such a simple concept and I find it baffling when people have an issue with it 

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tbf, I think we got on to this because someone posted that she was only where she is for 2 reasons...

Ahh, I missed that. Personally though, I just secretly don't want her playing for England.

Doesn't Murphy get a fair amount of abuse?  It just never really gets talked about because he's clearly an idiot and no one defends him.

I have no doubt a lot of the abuse Aluko gets is sexism & racism, but some people (not an equal amount) will defend her for the same reasons resulting in visible internet arguments.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

When have I done that in my reply to you? I’ve said what you’ve said + context. 

Sorry I took your "THE" the wrong way 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Kane > Haaland for me too like, but I'm frightened at the thought of how good Haaland could be in five years.

Debatable...it's kind of like comparing Shearer to Aguero. Both excellent but one far more important to a team than the other. Man City would still win games without Haaland, as they did without Aguero, but Spurs struggle without Kane as we did without Shearer

The Man Utd takeover thread on Red Cafe is uncannily similar to ours was when everyone was going stir crazy. Hacks writing bullshit clickbait articles, Twitter bullshitters claiming to be ITK and lots of plane-spotting.

Hopefully it takes the full 18 months like ours did, and they also get their "Saudis pull out"  meltdown moment when all bidders seem to withdraw from the process, leaving the Glazers seemingly still there. [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

The Man Utd takeover thread on Red Cafe is uncannily similar to ours was when everyone was going stir crazy. Hacks writing bullshit clickbait articles, Twitter bullshitters claiming to be ITK and lots of plane-spotting.

Hopefully it takes the full 18 months like ours did, and they also get their "Saudis pull out"  meltdown moment when all bidders seem to withdraw from the process, leaving the Glazers seemingly still there. [emoji38]

I thought the Glazers had decided not to sell?

22 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Nobody knows. There are rumours of that but nothing confirmed. Personally I think there will be an announcement quite soon that the Qataris have got them.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

It wasn't that they weren't going to sell, it was that they were going to sell a smaller stake to Ratcliffe allowing them to keep just under 20% of the club.