Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I know Rice is the best thing since sliced bread but does he do anything other than play the pass back. So many times he could have spun his man and we’d have been open, am I just too used to Bruno?

He’s just a mid table midfielder, he doesn’t have the technical ability to play in a top team.

The US front 6 were great mind, they knew exactly what they had to do and executed it perfectly. They were a threat on the break and opened England up several times and they deserve credit tonight. 

But what's the point in qualifying if that's how you're going to approach and play games? Southgate is dripping negativity into this side, he's clearly told them that a point is good and totally acceptable tonight and they 100% played like it. England have a fantastic squad out there but the weakest link is in the dug-out imo and I think the squad is papering over the managerial cracks and not vice versa. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Think I'll cherry pick some unrepresentative posts so I can humble brag over a 0-0 :lol:

The patriots sure do love showing off over nowt.

A very strange nation that constantly reeks of insecurity 

What an awful game. America absolutely toothless and England tossing in their standard piss poor group game performance but never really looking like conceding. Geet loads of running in straight lines though.

Obviously don’t have any basis for this, but I feel like something has shifted in the group, the positivity isn’t there, the back patting comaraderie seems all but gone. They don’t run for each other, they play each other into trouble at times and it feels contrived. 

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I know Rice is the best thing since sliced bread but does he do anything other than play the pass back. So many times he could have spun his man and we’d have been open, am I just too used to Bruno?

He’s much better as an 8 isn’t he? Cannot see the point playing him in the anchor role when his best quality is driving up the pitch.

We know who Southgate is by now. He’s all about trying to grind his way to a trophy.

So if he can draw and basically guarantee qualification, or it takes an extra game to win the group, he’ll snap your hand off. 

The question is always whether you can suddenly produce a better performance when it’s really needed. 

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

We had the exact same sort of performance against Scotland a year ago, and we ended up in the final. 

The over the top criticism that's going to come over the next couple of days isn't really warranted imo, and I hate how people seem to have an irrational hatred of Southgate for no real reason and will take every opportunity to slate him, despite him having done an exceptional job to date, and is factually our second best manager.

I agree.  There’s no way any other manager could’ve overcame the collective might of Colombia and Sweden in the last WC knockouts.  Only Southgate’s brilliance could do that b