The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just now, Aiston said:

Man United is absolutely winning the FA Cup now like :lol:

I did say 'if' tbf. I think I'm finally starting to get withdrawal a few years in to GamStopping myself. Love a permutation even if I'm not smart enough to work them out for myself. :lol:

6 minutes ago, wormy said:

Definitely getting way ahead of myself here.. But does anyone know how our coefficient would actually be impacted if we had a cracking ECL run and got a European spot for 25/26?

Using https://www.fotcalc.com/coefficient-calculator-post-24 it seems a solid run in the competition could yield around 18+ coefficient points if I used/read it correctly? But my head started spinning when I tried to find out what that would actually do to our overall coefficient.

Proper jinxing us with my excitement now. :lol:

Villa got 17 this season:

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/trank2024.html

12 minutes ago, wormy said:

Definitely getting way ahead of myself here.. But does anyone know how our coefficient would actually be impacted if we had a cracking ECL run and got a European spot for 25/26?

Using https://www.fotcalc.com/coefficient-calculator-post-24 it seems a solid run in the competition could yield around 18+ coefficient points if I used/read it correctly? But my head started spinning when I tried to find out what that would actually do to our overall coefficient.

Our club coefficient now is 8 so if we did something like that it'd be in the mid-20s and we'd start using club coefficient instead of country. We'd be within a few points of where we are now using country, but we'd be standing on our own two feet. From there further gains would start to help more substantially.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Our club coefficient now is 8 so if we did something like that it'd be in the mid-20s and we'd start using club coefficient instead of country. We'd be within a few points of where we are now using country, but we'd be standing on our own two feet. From there further gains would start to help more substantially.

European football every season is gonna be essential 

7 hours ago, OCK said:

Man City to do the double double. Never been done before. MORE TEE VATION

Heard that on the radio today, and apparently Pep perked up when hearing that.

1 hour ago, wormy said:

Think it's less important now from a club's point of view since we'd play 2 from each pot now, including our own?

Worth noting a few things:

• Unless I'm completely missing something, club coefficient points seem less important from a competition standpoint under the new format
  • It still dictates a portion of the money, which is significant in the CL, but they did slightly reduce the % based on coefficient points and increased the prize money
  • With the new format comes changes to how coefficient points are earned and, not surprisingly, it's even more beneficial to be in the CL now
    • CL group/league bonus goes from 4 -> 6
    • Max coefficient points from each competition change as follows: CL 38 -> 48, EL 34 -> 40, ECL 30->32
    • Finishing 1st in the new CL league phase is worth 12 bonus points. First in the EL league phase is worth 6 bonus points and ECL is 4.
    • Knockout progression in the CL is now worth 1.5 bonus points, EL is 1, and ECL is 0.5.
  • Importantly, all these changes also apply to how country coefficients are calculated for the extra CL places so having multiple clubs progress far in the CL will be critical to earning the extra spot.

12 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is the England co-efficient likely to be enough for us to be seeded for the Play-Offs? Sod's law we'd get Real Betis or something. :lol:

There’s 19 games in the playoff round, so we’ll definitely be a seed.

Looking at the projections at the minute the hardest draw we could get would probably be one of:

Vitoria

AEK Athens

Brondby

Servette

Lugano

Molde

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

There’s 19 games in the playoff round, so we’ll definitely be a seed.

Looking at the projections at the minute the hardest draw we could get would probably be one of:

Vitoria

AEK Athens

Brondby

Servette

Lugano

Molde

You old enough to remember Troyes?

10 minutes ago, SteV said:

Sadly.

Just had a look on wiki, relegated to the french 3rd div this season. They were called the Wimbledon of France when we played them and they have the same colour strip as well.

2 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

How are Napoli in Europe next season when they're 10th in Serie A? You'd think only maybe 2 or 3 of those would cause us any problems 

At the minute its Fiorentina instead of Napoli

If Man Utd were playing anyone other than city I’d be worried. But this city team are killers and they have their number. Confident they’ll do it 

I may come to regret this, but I am not even contemplating a scenario where City lose. This is a manager and a team aware of their place in history. Being the first to win four in a row was important to them. Being the first two win consecutive doubles will be important to them by the time kick-off hits. Pep mentioned how their fans can now probably say they are the best ever team. The best ever team doesn't lose to their inferior rivals in a cup final.

I'm taking nothing for granted yet but they're not 1/7 to win the cup without good reason. They're ultra-professional and will want to beat Man U at Wembo as much as we would ourselves. It's not done but I'd be astonished if this Man U team turn up and beat one of the best teams on the planet in a Cup final. 

According to wiki West Ham are now in the top 20 of coefficient teams now, which will be largely due to last season, so there’s definite merit in this. 

I’ve had some money in a betting account left over from the Grand National, and I have been betting on results that would go against us in our fight for Europe, to try and jinx the result. Obviously some of them have came in, so it’s on Man Utd to lift the trophy.

There's currently no team in the world I'd trust more to get us into Europe then City. 

But it would be peak newcastle for us to miss out now because City somehow lose.

6 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I can't tell if this is what you mean, but a reminder that our coefficient is just the country one as ours is so low. If we had to use our club coefficient we'd be right on the edge of Pot 4 / Pot 5. We still have a ton of ground to make up.

Yes that’s what I mean. The country one keeps it artificially high. So we’re still higher than most of the other big European clubs because of it.