The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Leeds are shit. They are 18th in the league after 36 games. They have the worst defence in the league.  Both individually and collectively. 

It wouldn’t take much for the crowd and the team to get their heads down if we went into the lead and held on to it for 20 minutes (at any point of the game) and we looked composed.  

They are no better than Everton who we swotted away. 

They didn’t offer much more than I expected. Willing runners with athletic players. Disrupted us. No class or composure in defence. 

There are literally no easy games in the PL. Everton away wasn’t east either but we managed to overcome that early pressure.

I’m surprised anyone thinks Leeds away would be easy.

14 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Absolutely fucking sick of seeing Man Utd 1-0 Opposition, it's like the Cantona season all over again. 

Tbf they were always going to win enough of these home games. 

6 minutes ago, Smal said:

Everton have laid out the blueprint of how to play against Brighton. Defend narrow and deep and don't press their center backs, then be fast and wide in transition. We can do the latter but probably not the former. 

We never try the former tbf. Don’t think we will now but I hope we do tweak it. 

11 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Brighton's response to the Everton game will have a big impact on our game with them on Thursday.

Another loss tomorrow and they'll have their tails down

Brighton have been the type of team to lose weird games and win tougher games on paper all season.  I don’t take much from the Everton lose. They beat Man U the game before. 

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Would be genuinely annoyed if Liverpool got top 4, like.

They've been a fucking whingeing shitshow all season.

They don't deserve top 4 based on an horrific season disguised by some questionable decisions in the run in. They have to absolutely win all of their games though, one slip up and they're gone.

It's still in our hands though, win on Thuesday and I think its ours. As frustrating as today was, it's not a nail in our coffin.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Leeds are shit. They are 18th in the league after 36 games. They have the worst defence in the league.  Both individually and collectively. 

It wouldn’t take much for the crowd and the team to get their heads down if we went into the lead and held on to it for 20 minutes (at any point of the game) and we looked composed.  

They are no better than Everton who we swotted away. 

They didn’t offer much more than I expected. Willing runners with athletic players. Disrupted us. No class or composure in defence. 

This is Leeds V3.0 so forget about what’s went on before. SA has made two obvious changes in swapping GK and a CH.

Again forget that you’ve an opposition manager making his home debut with a team almost in last chance saloon.

If you want to compare from start of the season Ive seen them twice (as I’m guessing you have) and their type of players cause us more problems than Everton’s. Both our home games there wasn’t much in either but Leeds were the better. Everton game could’ve easily of went the way of today if they’d took the lead.

Today was going to be anything but comfortable especially after they changed their manager.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

There are literally no easy games in the PL. Everton away wasn’t east either but we managed to overcome that early pressure.

I’m surprised anyone thinks Leeds away would be easy.

That’s a boring cliche. 

Easy is not the right word but they are not a good team.  They average less than a point per game. They will have lost more than half their matches this season.  As one of the best teams in the division. We should beat them. 

Just now, LFEE said:

This is Leeds V3.0 so forget about what’s went on before. SA has made two obvious changes in swapping GK and a CH.

Again forget that you’ve an opposition manager making his home debut with a team almost in last chance saloon.

If you want to compare from start of the season Ive seen them twice (as I’m guessing you have) and their type of players cause us more problems than Everton’s. Both our home games there wasn’t much in either but Leeds were the better. Everton game could’ve easily of went the way of today if they’d took the lead.

Today was going to be anything but comfortable especially after they changed their manager.

Did they play well today? 

It’s crazy, they gave away two penalties, got a player sent off, and were generally absolutely dreadful.  A half way decent performance would have beat them. We had one shot from open play 

Yep. Much better than under last manager. We never once looked comfortable and could’ve and should’ve been 2-0 up. 

That’s a boring cliche. 

Easy is not the right word but they are not a good team.  They average less than a point per game. They will have lost more than half their matches this season.  As one of the best teams in the division. We should beat them. 

We, as much as anyone, should understand what a huge atmosphere / crowd backing can do to both the home team and away team. Look at how our atmosphere has affected Man City, Man Utd, Spurs etc this season, and raised us up even higher.

It shouldn’t come as any surprise at all that Leeds away was far more difficult than some fans thought it would.

I'm trying to stay relaxed about the whole situation. CL or not, we are still signing some class players, still playing in Europe and I absolutely adore this squad for what they have done.

They did what Allardyce sides do, they play the worst football in the league but they constantly break up play with endless fouls. We had no rhythm which is partly down to us and partly down to them being disciplined and non-stop fouling. Their first goal was almost entirely down to our awful defending and their second goal was incredibly lucky. They did exactly what they needed to do

5 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

It’s crazy, they gave away two penalties, got a player sent off, and were generally absolutely dreadful.  A half way decent performance would have beat them. We had one shot from open play 

Agreed.  They battled hard but otherwise bad. 

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yep. Much better than under last manager. We never once looked comfortable and could’ve and should’ve been 2-0 up. 

Game of opinions. I thought they were bad. 

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

We, as much as anyone, should understand what a huge atmosphere / crowd backing can do to both the home team and away team. Look at how our atmosphere has affected Man City, Man Utd, Spurs etc this season, and raised us up even higher.

It shouldn’t come as any surprise at all that Leeds away was far more difficult than some fans thought it would.

Atmosphere was boosted when we didn’t bother to defend their very first attack of the game. 

Relegation atmosphere’s are more hope than belief and easier to burst. But we played into their hands.  

Don’t get it twisted. They were good value for their point. But it’s because we were bad imo. 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They did what Allardyce sides do, they play the worst football in the league but they constantly break up play with endless fouls. We had no rhythm which is partly down to us and partly down to them being disciplined and non-stop fouling. Their first goal was almost entirely down to our awful defending and their second goal was incredibly lucky. They did exactly what they needed to do

Why I don’t understand when people claim Allardyce is useless, yes his football is technically shit and ugly to watch but it’s effective in the short term when executed well. He gets teams scrapping and believing, today was always going to be a tough game for any side. People going on like we had a divine right to win today are ignoring the context of the circumstances and the situation entirely. 

Edited by Nine

I’m going to leave this thread with a bit of positivity if we are assuming Liverpool are our only realistic threat (not saying Brighton aren’t a threat but being positive ?)

Forget the last weekend of season and make it a 2 game season.

Would you rather have Brighton & Leicester at home to play or Leicester away & Villa at home to play to get two wins ?

41 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Absolutely fucking sick of seeing Man Utd 1-0 Opposition, it's like the Cantona season all over again. 

Think how we feel. :lol:

An elite #9 adds 20 points to this side. 

Just now, Nine said:

Why I don’t understand when people claim Allardyce is useless, yes his football is technically shit and ugly to watch but it’s so effective when executed well. He gets teams scrapping and believing, today was always going to be a tough game for any side. People going on like we had a divine right to win today are ignoring the context of the circumstances and the situation entirely. 

He’s not useless. But he’s not great either.  He usually has a window to get the players that suit his system.  He doesn’t have that. 

He set them up defensively and they gave away 2 cheap penalties because of crap personnel. 

They are not a good side. 

We lost the cup final by not turning up, dropped points last week by hitting the post and not taking our chances then dropped points this week, it seems to me at the moment we just can’t handle the high pressure times as that’s a different skill set. Villa have also proven they can’t as after they beat us and people were taking about them and Europe they just did nowt after that.

It’ll come in time and we’re still in Europe so been a great season all for me and our team will learn and grow from this.

Edited by Gawalls

Chelsea just lost on xG against Nottingham at home. Anyone saying they'll raise their level to knock us out of top 4 is talking shite.

We have three good chances to get the two wins and even win and two draws could be enough and that's still assuming Liverpool win their remaining games which still isn't that likely.

Just now, Froggy said:

Think how we feel. :lol:

An elite #9 adds 20 points to this side. 

Thought you managed the end of that game very well tbh. Wolves looked rudderless, struggling to get out of their half with the ball, and positively sheepish past the halfway line.

Jesus some fkin pissy pants on here like. I’d have taken a point at Leeds all day, they’re fighting for their lives and not as bad as their position suggests. Still think we will get top 4 but even if we don’t let’s hope msn city win champs league but even if they don’t,,, it’s been a class season love thus team and manager abd we will get better and better.’

Newcastle United will never be defeated 

we will support you evermore