The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

likes of Inter, Milan, Lazio, Napoli all will face a group winner in CL. I expect 3 of them to get likes of Bayern, City, Arse, Real, Barca which is 80/20 one of them maybe Socieded, Dortmund which is 50/50.

as long as WHU, Brighton, Pool do decent in EL imo 5th is a CL place too.

not that it guarantees anything because if we dont pick up our away form big time (with still to go to MU, Chelsea, Arse, Pool etc) we will be somewhere 7/8th anyway.

Us and Man U going out obviously isn't helpful to the 5th place thing but is being a bit overblown imo. England still has 6 teams in Europe and they all topped their groups which should help them as far as quality of opponent next round.

Besides, while I'm not saying I'm putting my house on it, I don't think anyone would be particularly shocked if there were three English winners come the end of each Cup which I'd imagine would be quite a hefty boost.

There's still more than enough chance that 5th gets CL. 

Just looking back, but we've had 14 games since Oct 21st, eight weeks ago.

In the coming six weeks, including the "busy" festive period and almost all the transfer window, we have six matches, four in the league and one in each domestic cup.  There are some hard fixtures, but a chance for the lads to regroup.

In those 14 games, our record was P14 W6 D2 L6, including the Man U away win in the Carabao and three losses in the CL.

4 hours ago, Stottie said:

Just looking back, but we've had 14 games since Oct 21st, eight weeks ago.

In the coming six weeks, including the "busy" festive period and almost all the transfer window, we have six matches, four in the league and one in each domestic cup.  There are some hard fixtures, but a chance for the lads to regroup.

In those 14 games, our record was P14 W6 D2 L6, including the Man U away win in the Carabao and three losses in the CL.

It depends on how we do in the cups as well though - if we beat chelsea we'll have another 2 league cup games in january (no doubt against liverpool) and if we beat the mackems the next round of the fa cup is around 27th jan.

January then we could have 7 games: Liverpool (a), mackems (a), League Cup SF1, Man City (h), League Cup SF2, FA Cup 4th round, Villa (a) - that's not an easy month.

Plus three more in December. Basically 7 - 10 games to the end of January, if we lose to Chelsea then we get a bit of a break later in Jan.

Feb onwards I'd say is when the schedule start to get easier. Just got to get there in decent shape!

If we beat Luton and Forest that puts us on course for 70 points over the full season, we can't possibly have as many injuries in the second part of the season as we did the first so realistically we would be on course for more than 70 points, which will almost certainly have us in the top 5 I would have thought .

I think Villa are more than likely getting top 4, they keep winning at home and  look poor away from home but they are just having one of them seasons where everything goes for them. Have now seen them steal points at Brentford , Spurs and Bournemouth recently despite not playing well at all.

4 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Not happening. But Villa are more than likely a flash in the pan, whereas we really shouldn't be in the next few years.

Long term I don't think they are. Plenty of money behind them, good academy, decent coach.

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, The Prophet said:

Long term I don't think they're are. Plenty of money behind them, good academy, decent coach.

Decent coach? Have a word. I don’t like Villa but Emery is superb. Easily the league’s most accomplished manager behind Pep and Klopp.

In the age of FFP Villa will continue to be right up there. Their infrastructure and academy will allow them to keep spending at a high level. They were a few years ahead of us prior to the takeover - they just made a horrendous appointment in Gerrard.