The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m convinced if we get 7 points from the next 3 then we will do it. We really should be targeting 9 points from them as well.

Ironically, its the Everton away game i'm most scared about, Thursday night, under the lights, Goodison always has great atmosphere, Dyche ball. 

Seems a recipe for disaster :lol: 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Ironically, its the Everton away game i'm most scared about, Thursday night, under the lights, Goodison always has great atmosphere, Dyche ball. 

Same. After last season's debacle, not looking forward to that at all

1 hour ago, 54 said:

It's a hard fixture, but if we want CL then those are the ones we will have to win somehow. If we can't then I will resign myself that we were punching all season anyway. The Villa game has really been a wake up call, hope we respond with all guns firing against Spurs this weekend.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If we play our game and don't get caught up in the occasion like we did in the 2nd half last season we'll beat Everton. They've won 1 in 8 and haven't scored more than 1 goal in a game since October.

Yep. We will have 90 mins to show we are undoubtedly the better side, that's more than enough time to get the better of them.

Villa set the tone. We need to set the tone.

Once we get a grip of the game against the likes of Leeds and Everton, we win. If we are sloppy and allow them in, their crowd gets up, their players get hope and we have a problem.

Literally cannot shake the feeling that Liverpool are going to be the ones to nab 4th.

I know they probably will drop points in one of their games left, which would mean we'd only need 12 points to guarantee finishing above them (if we only get 12 we won't be finishing top 4 I'd guess), but I can honestly see them winning every game :lol: 

The paranoia is unreal here.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Literally cannot shake the feeling that Liverpool are going to be the ones to nab 4th.

I know they probably will drop points in one of their games left, which would mean we'd only need 12 points to guarantee finishing above them (if we only get 12 we won't be finishing top 4 I'd guess), but I can honestly see them winning every game :lol: 

The paranoia is unreal here.

If we get another 12 points we'll almost definitely be finishing top 4 like. 

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish

As others have mentioned on other threads, Spurs are now behind Brighton and Liverpool in the top 4 odds. Liverpool as short as 4/1 at BetVictor.

We're still in a great position, but a couple of dropped points here and there and it can change quickly. If we do beat Spurs then that should really eliminate them from the race completely.

I expect us to pick up 14 points as a minimum.

Spurs - W

Everton - D

Southampton - W

Arsenal - L

Leeds - W

Leicester - W

Chelsea - D

Brighton - L

Spurs is simply a must-win game. 

11 points against Everton, Southampton, Leeds, Leicester, Chelsea is the minimal acceptable. We should really look to win 4 out of 5.

14 from 8 is good form but below our season average. Liverpool would need to win all 8 games to beat that.

Just done a predictor where Liverpool win all of their remaining games. They can get a maximum of 71 points.

We would still finish above them on 72 points if we manage to achieve...

Spurs (h) - W

Everton (a) - D

Southampton (h) - W

Arsenal (h) - D

Brighton (h) - D

Leeds (a) - W

Leicester (h) - W

Chelsea (a) - D

I mean chances are we may lose one or two of those (or we might even win more), but the chances are Liverpool aren't going to get maximum points either considering yesterday's win was their first in their last 5 games. I do think they've got a relatively easy run in, but there's still teams in there that will at least get a couple of draws.

ManU aren't yet assured of a CL place. I suspect they'll end up with 72-74 points but, who knows, perhaps some dodgy referee/VAR decisions will go against them? There must be at least 30 in the cupboard to achieve that 'balance themselves out' theory this season. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just beat Spurs and I'm fairly relaxed.

Even if we don't beat Spurs it's still infinitely doable. Liverpool just aren't going to get maximum points from their last 8 games. In fact, I'll wager that they'll drop points away at West Ham and potentially at home to Spurs next week.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Even if we don't beat Spurs it's still infinitely doable. Liverpool just aren't going to get maximum points from their last 8 games. In fact, I'll wager that they'll drop points away at West Ham and potentially at home to Spurs next week.

They have pretty much gone on a long winning run every season under Klopp so they are more than capable. Granted it’s highly unlikely, but their fixture list makes it possible imo.

Our season reflects Arsenal's in many ways, but with different prizes at stake. Both sides have punched well above their weight and exceeded expectations. Given their destiny is in their own hands there would be some disappointment if they didn't finish the job, but bigger picture, it will still be a brilliant season if they just fall short. 

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Our season reflects Arsenal's in many ways, but with different prizes at stake. Both sides have punched well above their weight and exceeded expectations. Given their destiny is in their own hands there would be some disappointment if they didn't finish the job, but bigger picture, it will still be a brilliant season if they just fall short. 

im sick of falling short , I wanna succeed.