The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What recent performances? Other than Leeds we have been flying. Lost to a very good Arsenal side who for the most part have been the best in the league 

Yeah I know, but we look all over the place defensively at the moment. We might find another gear in the last three games I don't know, we just look tired right now but hopefully the fans can spur them on.

And let's hope SL is back.

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

Yeah I know, but we look all over the place defensively at the moment. We might find another gear in the last three games I don't know, we just look tired right now but hopefully the fans can spur them on.

And let's hope SL is back.

All over the place is a bit of an exaggeration like.

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

If Maddison is likely to come here then I hope he scores a hattrick tomorrow if he wants CL. 

That is true :yao: Liverpool have been gifted half their wins by some fairing suspect referring.  They're still playing poorly so Leicester can definitely get something out the game but it's going to be a case of having to outscore them  as their defence is shocking.

Just now, The Prophet said:

All over the place is a bit of an exaggeration like.

We've looked vulnerable last three games, two against teams in the relegation zone. We will get beat Thursday if we play anything like that, but I'm hopeful we'll find a performance at home.

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

We've looked vulnerable last three games, two against teams in the relegation zone. We will get beat Thursday if we play anything like that, but I'm hopeful we'll find a performance at home.

We didn't look particularly vulnarable v Southampton. We looked open and vulnerable to the counter v Arsenal and we were fine against Leeds after a poor opening spell.

Teams are getting at us through balls over the top, bypassing our midfielders who are then out of position. Plus, our defence has been shaky.

And boys, if we can, stop passing the ball to Pope under pressure please? It'll cost us badly one day.

Edited by nufcjb

Just now, nufcjb said:

Teams are getting at us through balls over the top, bypassing our midfielders who are then out of position. Plus, our defence has been shaky.

And boys, if we can pleaae stop passing the ball to Pope under pressure please? It'll cost us badly one day.

Other than Arsenal, which teams have done that?

41 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Cant see that from Leicester. Could make a case for an Everton style rousing performance in this situation from anybody else down there but them (and Southampton obviously). Wrong kind of stadium, fanbase and everything.

Yep. The place is moribund.

14 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Remember two weeks ago when we were scoring for fun. Joelinton started banging them in. Isak and Wilson both on form. Murphy scoring every game just about. 

I remember thinking the timing was perfect. Coming into free-scoring form with 5 games to go. 

Going from that to not being able to score in open play. The reason? Senior Longstaff's ankle. Couldn't write it. 

It’s only been two games to be fair. Our downturn in form, if you want to call it a downturn has been TWO games. It feels worse than that because of the amount of games Liverpool have played and won in that timeframe.

I don’t think our last two performances warrant the panic some people are displaying on this forum, but I was also ALWAYS adamant that we were in no way guaranteed top 4 a few weeks ago.  There are no games in the PL that you can really guarantee anything in in the last few weeks. We might lose to Brighton, beat Leicester and then pull off a win at Chelsea for all we know.

I’m still confident we can do it (about 80% certain we can), but I’ve never been in the camp that thought it was basically done weeks ago.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Other than Arsenal, which teams have done that?

Villa did it to us, even Everton got pass us a few times. Go back further, Brentford too. Aye, it may not have led to goals but teams know, our midfield are capable of stopping attacks with balls on the ground but bypass that, then you have either Burn or Trippier backpeddling or Botman and Schar drawn out of position.

Just now, nufcjb said:

Villa did it to us, even Everton got pass us a few times. Go back further, Brentford too. Aye, it may not have led to goals but teams know, our midfield are capable of stopping attacks with balls on the ground but bypass that, then you have either Burn or Trippier backpeddling or Botman and Schar drawn out of position.

Pointing at the odd moment in a game isn’t really showing any trend though is it.

There are always two teams in a game and depending on tactics, atmosphere, player form different things can happen. People seem to forget that.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We didn't look particularly vulnarable v Southampton. We looked open and vulnerable to the counter v Arsenal and we were fine against Leeds after a poor opening spell.

I wasn't surprised to see Leeds equalise, our press has looked off it for a few games now.

Edited by Alberto2005

Just now, nufcjb said:

Villa is fair enough like, we weren't at the races.

Most other teams have punished us through poorly defended set pieces and individual errors.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Brighton’s result today, considering they have Southampton next weekend (plus whatever result they get against us), really means Villa need a result at Anfield. 

I don't think it helps tbh, it kills their hope more than anything.

Aye, I think Villa are best equipped to take something off Liverpool. Even a draw would be a massive help as we'd  possibly only need 1 win/3 draws from our remainder. Brighton will be hard on Thursday but they've lost at Forest and to Everton in recent weeks. Conceding 3 and 5 respectively. Great win today but a bit hit and miss. We've got 2 chances of qualifying. Match Man U results or fend Liverpool off. Fulham last day for Man U so maybe Mitro will help us.

49 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

It’s only been two games to be fair. Our downturn in form, if you want to call it a downturn has been TWO games. It feels worse than that because of the amount of games Liverpool have played and won in that timeframe.

I don’t think our last two performances warrant the panic some people are displaying on this forum, but I was also ALWAYS adamant that we were in no way guaranteed top 4 a few weeks ago.  There are no games in the PL that you can really guarantee anything in in the last few weeks. We might lose to Brighton, beat Leicester and then pull off a win at Chelsea for all we know.

I’m still confident we can do it (about 80% certain we can), but I’ve never been in the camp that thought it was basically done weeks ago.

I'm very much of the belief that the table doesn't lie. So if we don't make top 4, we've not been good enough and so I'll find it somewhat easy to make peace with that. Just common sense I suppose. 

But, I did think everything was lining up nicely for us to to do great things in the final stretch. So just slightly gutted we're making a hard job of it. 

3 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

I'm very much of the belief that the table doesn't lie. So if we don't make top 4, we've not been good enough and so I'll find it somewhat easy to make peace with that. Just common sense I suppose. 

But, I did think everything was lining up nicely for us to to do great things in the final stretch. So just slightly gutted we're making a hard job of it. 

Four points clear of 4th with three to play is a very healthy position.

As much as it will be a blow for some of the fans and the club financially if we don’t make it Top 4 I actually fear it will be a bigger blow for the players. Actually thought for the first time EH looked concerned post match.

Even me who’s been in the camp Liverpool will catch us if they beat us at home will be gutted TBH.

Still in our hands at least ??

2 hours ago, NUFCDoog said:

Southampton away on the last day for Liverpool...no better chance to destroy that goal difference, we need 6 points

Aye. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Our recent form hasn't been too bad. Wins v Spurs, Everton and Southampton, hard luck v Arsenal, then an inconsistent performance v Leeds.

Certainly no reason to think we can't beat two of Brighton, Leicester and Chelsea.

I don't think we'll need to in the end mind.

Biggest concern is bottle, not playing well since Longstaff injury, lack of clean sheets and the bad Brighton matchup.  

If we perform to our level - we beat Leicester and Chelsea.  They are most susceptible to our style of play. 

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

As much as it will be a blow for some of the fans and the club financially if we don’t make it Top 4 I actually fear it will be a bigger blow for the players. Actually thought for the first time EH looked concerned post match.

Still in our hands at least ??

You know how people accept that the Liverpool Suarez team bottled it or Arsenal last season bottled the top 4. That would be the defining narrative of the season and a unanimous L. That sticks with teams and managers. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

You know how people accept that the Liverpool Suarez team bottled it or Arsenal last season bottled the top 4. That would be the defining narrative of the season and a unanimous L. That sticks with teams and managers. 

…And posters on here as you and @Optimistic Nut had us done and dusted ?

Never forget … ?