The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

I'd still be shitting myself watching the final though [emoji38]. Just takes an early red, or a shock set piece lead and City waste chance after chance. It's a different team now, but they did lose to Wigan in the final about 10 years ago, in another 'bet the house' fixture, plus we weren't burnt in 1995 by Everton shocking Man Utd in the final to knock us out of Europe after finishing 6th.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'll be nervous as fuck if it comes to that :lol:

Right now though I'm pretty confident. They're shit. Capable of fluking a result against us at home, but not beating City at Wembley. If we don't lose on Wednesday we're there imo and it's all about chasing Chelsea for EL

Posted (edited)

Manchester United Fixtures: Played 36-Points 54 Max Return- 60
Bournemouth (A)    Drew 2-2
Sheffield Utd (H)   Won  4-2
Burnley (H) Drew 1-1
Crystal Palace (A) Lost 4-0

Arsenal (H)  Lost 0-1
Newcastle United  (H)
Brighton (A)  

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Newcastle United Fixtures: Played 36-Points 57 Max Return- 63
Tottenham (H)  Won 4-0
Crystal Palace (A) Lost 0-2
Sheffield Utd (H) Won 5-1
Burnley (A) won 1-4
Brighton (H)  Drew 1-1

Man United (A)
Brentford (A)
Chelsea Fixtures: Played 36-Points 57 Max Return- 63
Everton (H) Won 6-0
Arsenal (A) Lost  0-5
Aston Villa (A) Drew-2-2
Tottenham (H) Won 2-0
West Ham (H) won 5-0
Nottm Forest (A) Won 3-2

Bournemouth (H)
Brighton (A)

We need something at old twatford 

Edited by astraguy

Why are there so many negative posts in here? Is it trying to play reverse psychology on yourself or something? Like if I already guessed we wouldn’t finish in Europe I won’t be upset when we don’t? Cmonnnnnn. 

We’re still 100% in the drivers seat, y’all. Sixth is ours. 

16 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Why are there so many negative posts in here? Is it trying to play reverse psychology on yourself or something? Like if I already guessed we wouldn’t finish in Europe I won’t be upset when we don’t? Cmonnnnnn. 

I have buddies who were jailed by Hiftar's government in Eastern Libya for years who are more hopeful about the future than a few on here.

Quite conceivable that Brighton beat Chelsea and Man United or at least don't lose both.

Also quite conceivable that we don't lose either of our two games.

For me it comes down to us and Chelsea next Sunday.

Big bonus that we've now effectively got 2 bites of the cherry to get into Europe. If the worst comes to the worst and we lose on Wednesday we can still claw things back on the final day, it's not like it's an end-of-season loss if it happens. We still have 2 huge games to go and definitely everything to play for next weekend

If Man Utd lose away at Brighton and lose in the cup we are in Europe no matter what we do (feels like a decent chance that happens), great position to be in but hopefully we can do the business ourselves 

23 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Spurs ain’t beating Man City. Play Sheff Utd on the final day. Maybe they lose. Maybe we win our final two games. Maybe we get 5th. 

That would be amazing. :lol: 

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Do you remember this thread last year? It was like “if Villa win all their games and are then granted a 39th game and win that they might catch us. I’m a 5.”

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Spurs ain’t beating Man City. Play Sheff Utd on the final day. Maybe they lose. Maybe we win our final two games. Maybe we get 5th. 

Spurs's record at home to Man City is weirdly brilliant. Man City haven't won there in the league for 6 years.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Spurs's record at home to Man City is weirdly brilliant. Man City haven't won there in the league for 6 years.

You just pissed in my cereal. ;)

Please just play Joelinton, Trippier, Pope and Schar if he's available. We will get a draw at OT and that will do.

20 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Fuck off and let me dream :lol:

Tbf, from the sounds of it, I'm pretty sure the Spurs fans really wouldn't want to win this one and Man City at the business end of the season are obviously a different animal. 

Disappointed to see Chelsea go on such a good run of form. We must finish above them to guarantee Europe. I'm fairly confident of getting a draw at Old Trafford and finishing above ManU, but then again anything can happen in the FA Cup final.

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Man City will absolutely toast them.