The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

42 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

True. But the point stands. Saved a lot of money by identifying elite young talent. Hopefully our lad at Feyenoord can be the start of that. 

It’s the compounding of being an elite club for decades. Similar with Saliba. 

prices weren’t out of control then either. We’re playing catch up in every sense of the game with rules changed and adopted by the league re: spending that wasn’t ever in existence prior to our takeover. 

You obviously know that. The London draw of an elite club like Arsenal, who’ve never shied from infrastructure spending, youth development and an area where they’ve got never ending talent coming through will always have a leg up on us, no?

54 minutes ago, Froggy said:

This is all true, but Ten Hag did nothing but defend him in the media. So this whole "Ten Hag's treatment of Maguire was garage" narrative is beyond silly. Ten Hag's management of players in the media is brilliant. 

yeah but I’d argue that Maguire’s role as captain was untenable both on pitch and off pitch. There’s a split on Jamaal’s footballing abilities but he’s never had his own teammates slagging him on the pitch and for the most part I don’t see our own fans begging for him to go and calling him all sorts of names. Ten Hag had to act. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

It’s insane.  

Our biggest weakness is a lack of depth and speed in defence. We look to be sorting that out. 

And offensively we lack quality and depth. Arsenal are a level above us but you look at their attacking options - Jesus, Nketiah, Trossard, Havertz, Odegaard, Martinelli, Saka and one of ESR or Balogun might stay. That’s 7/8 attacking players with real threat. You think 5 or more of them could score 10+ this season.  

We’ve got Wilson, Isak, Barnes, Gordon, Almiron, Murphy, Joelinton, Willock.  It’s not the same level.  

What exactly are arguing you for/against here?

No doubt Arsenal has more attacking threat than us depth wise, probably top of the league in that area. 

We have no business competing against them. Then again, we had no business competing for top 4 last season. Lets see what Eddie can do.

Baffled by what point people try to make when we literally just began operating like a real football club starting in Jan 22 when we had our first window under our new owners.  We couldn’t even plan for the future until Ashworth was able to come in that summer of 2022 as well. 

Edited by Kanji

It would be good to keep a comparator of the same fixtures from last season, with Leicester being replaced by Burnley, Leeds with Sheffield United and Southampton with Luton

Newcastle 5-1 Aston Villa

Same points and goal difference.

Dubravka

Tino -  Lascelles -  Burn - Targett/New LB

Anderson - Longstaff - Willock

Murphy                                   Gordon

Wilson

Seems like a pretty good B team if you ask me. Should have more than a good enough squad to compete in both CL and PL. 

22 hours ago, Froggy said:

I've followed Howe for years. I wanted him to take over at us for a long time. :lol:

Obviously personalities can adapt, but that's the impression I always got from him at Bournemouth. 

It's possible to be on friendly terms with your players whilst also having authority as the boss. It's not easy to pull off but Howe seems to be very good at it. 

He's also very good at having a very softly spoken public persona whilst having a ruthless streak behind the scenes. Let's him quietly get on with the job without attracting attention. 

How many points would people be content with us achieving by the end of the Brentford game? 

9 points on the board and i'd think that'd be a really good return tbh.

23 hours ago, 54 said:

How many points would people be content with us achieving by the end of the Brentford game? 

9 points on the board and i'd think that'd be a really good return tbh.

Over the moon with 7 points. 

Edit: I was thinking after the Brighton game, 10 points I would be over the moon with.

Edited by Matt1892

9 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

IMG_2481.thumb.jpeg.f0d4cea3b162b8d4fc361b675bf7ee66.jpeg

IMG_2482.thumb.jpeg.5d15f3d0fe5deb93af4296e6141d826f.jpeg

IMG_2483.thumb.jpeg.bc5d84af85934019246f79c0a3be3980.jpeg

IMG_2484.thumb.jpeg.8b2ea50d21213b82089fc31d81de2a50.jpeg

Some greatly balanced posts there.

RAWK on the other hand. Bitter, bitter bastards on there. In the thread one of them accuses Emi Martinez of being paid to let Man City win the title on the last day of the 2022 season.

Seen someone describe Liverpool FC as a cult recently and can’t see past it. 

Just now, Danh1 said:

Some greatly balanced posts there.

RAWK on the other hand. Bitter, bitter bastards on there. In the thread one of them accuses Emi Martinez of being paid to let Man City win the title on the last day of the 2022 season.

Seen someone describe Liverpool FC as a cult recently and can’t see past it. 

Yeah they are so rattled by us. It’s delicious. I hope we reap vengeance at our place!  Here’s 1 more very balanced view. Refreshing to read. :indi:

IMG_2485.thumb.jpeg.ca45a204baf04780b42a9100f2b79070.jpeg