The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

11 hours ago, brummie said:

Yeah, well tbf, I did kind of mention that.

*wink*

It is shit though. Both teams on the rise, with potential to elbow their way into the usual Champions League cadre. Both disseminated by injuries and unable to use January in the way it was meant to be used. I know 11 random injuries, doesn’t stop 4 ACLs from aching 😉, but despite hard cup draws and the group of F, we would have progressed from the CL group stages and our league form—particularly against bottom quarter teams we should be comfortably beating—wouldn’t have taken such a nose dive if we had had an actual first team squad rather than (just about) a first 11.

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

15 hours ago, brummie said:

We are totally fucked by injuries, we don't have a defence any more.

Pau still not entirely fit after two months out.

Carlos has just done his hamstring

Kamara has just done his ACL, out for the season. We're going to have to play Tim Iroegbunam, a child, there.

Konsa has a properly nasty knee injury and fuck knows when he's back, which is bad because he has been superb. Rumours his might be an ACL too.

Digne only just back in contention after two months out.

Ramsey randomly breaking his foot again every other week.

On top of that, obvs, Buendia and Mings out for the season.

That is potentially 4 ACLs this season. Jesus Christ.

If Torres can be brought back this weekend, it'll be him and Lenglet, two left sided CBs. It also means Cash at RB as Konsa there not an option. That's not good.

We might have to use Calum Chambers.

Fucking hell. 

Duran is out too, so Watkins being un-injurable needs to stay a thing or we have literally no other striker option. 

And yes yes fucking yes, I know you've had an injury crisis before anyone tells me. It's not mutually exclusive.

Of course, if it weren't for FFP we'd maybe have more depth, so fuck FFP and fuck the PL.

*Insert welcome to hell meme

16 hours ago, brummie said:

We are totally fucked by injuries, we don't have a defence any more.

Pau still not entirely fit after two months out.

Carlos has just done his hamstring

Kamara has just done his ACL, out for the season. We're going to have to play Tim Iroegbunam, a child, there.

Konsa has a properly nasty knee injury and fuck knows when he's back, which is bad because he has been superb. Rumours his might be an ACL too.

Digne only just back in contention after two months out.

Ramsey randomly breaking his foot again every other week.

On top of that, obvs, Buendia and Mings out for the season.

That is potentially 4 ACLs this season. Jesus Christ.

If Torres can be brought back this weekend, it'll be him and Lenglet, two left sided CBs. It also means Cash at RB as Konsa there not an option. That's not good.

We might have to use Calum Chambers.

Fucking hell. 

Duran is out too, so Watkins being un-injurable needs to stay a thing or we have literally no other striker option. 

And yes yes fucking yes, I know you've had an injury crisis before anyone tells me. It's not mutually exclusive.

Of course, if it weren't for FFP we'd maybe have more depth, so fuck FFP and fuck the PL.

This makes more enjoyable reading after the last few months. Sorry Brummie.

But seriously, my ideal season would have had us and Villa in the top 4. Maybe Villa can still get 5th, but a good chance of both clubs left wondering what could have been.

I have done a lot of digging and still can't figure out if 7th could be a Europa League place in the event of England getting a 5th CL spot and an already qualified club winning the FA Cup. I'm not sure anyone knows for sure as everything says something generic about England getting more places, but not specifically for which competition.

But 7th has to be the aim now with the Wilson news. 

23 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

With how rotten this season has been with injuries, I'd take any Europe we get at this point.

ECL: Likely

EL: Bonus

UCL: Pipe dream

ECL is only likely if Liverpool win league cup. It's gone if Chelsea win.

And it requires a top 6 team winning the FA Cup. Otherwise 5th/6th is Europa

Edited by The College Dropout

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I'd prefer no Europe to ECL. At least give us a fresh crack at the top 4 again next season without all the fixtures that have wrecked us this season.

I'd love the ECL tbh. Can go deep in that playing the fringe players and it keeps them match fit.

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd love the ECL tbh. Can go deep in that playing the fringe players and it keeps them match fit.

Builds the coefficient nicely too. And raises the profile of the club across the continent. And gives the opportunity for the likes of Staveley to build up a few more contacts. And can be dangled in front of new players. And it's more home games so it's more income too. And we'd stand a decent chance of winning the fucking thing too - if West Ham can then so can we

10 minutes ago, wormy said:

People turning their noses up to any European football continues to bewilder me.

I agree, but I think many are just feeling burned by what the extra games this season has done. 

As long as coefficient points dictate both seeding and a slice of revenue we need to be participating as much as possible. West Ham got £22m for winning it, £17m to the runners up, and more than £10m for a few others. Also the small matter of winning a trophy that isn't the Intertoto Cup.

6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Does Bayern getting beat last night benefit 7th being Europa league? 

Should be rooting against every Italian, German, and Spanish team in all three competitions.

5 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I'd prefer no Europe to ECL. At least give us a fresh crack at the top 4 again next season without all the fixtures that have wrecked us this season.

Worked wonders for Chelsea this season.

46 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

If we don’t get another 26 points we’re in for a ropey few months on here.

I can't wait to fuel the Howe out bandwagon personally

7 hours ago, Skeletor said:

We could play our fringe players in the early stages, have some great trips abroad throughout Europe and have a legitimate chance of winning a trophy. I'd love to be in it.

Football often happens in strange cycles or patterns. 

I’m getting 1994/95 vibes about this season, where we made a strong start, back in Europe after a long time, but then disappointment when Cole left in January meaning that the season tailed off and we finished 6th. Last year was very much a 1993/94 in that it was surprising how well we did first season ‘back’. 

What that surely means is that a Ferdinand (Wilson replacement) and a Ginola (RW) should come in and we should challenge for the title next season… 

I think it was about as good as the first knockout round week could go for England in terms of the extra place.

Bayern and Leipzig lost. Freiburg and Frankfurt drew.

Madrid won, but Sociedad and Betis lost.

France also had a bad time other than PSG.

1. Italy - 14.714

2. Germany - 13.928

3. England - 13.875

4. Spain - 12.937

5. France - 12.250

13 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Football often happens in strange cycles or patterns. 

I’m getting 1994/95 vibes about this season, where we made a strong start, back in Europe after a long time, but then disappointment when Cole left in January meaning that the season tailed off and we finished 6th. Last year was very much a 1993/94 in that it was surprising how well we did first season ‘back’. 

What that surely means is that a Ferdinand (Wilson replacement) and a Ginola (RW) should come in and we should challenge for the title next season… 

Whos our daglish and gullit?