The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

5 minutes ago, Heron said:

We need nowt other than us to get 4 points from the next two. Then everything will fall into place.

This.

We need to just get the points we have on offer. Everyone else is of no consequence as long as we do what we need to do.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

How would you be without Botman and Isak? :lol:

True.

But considering isak and botman cost us less than two players you're not even mentioning, i think it speaks more about your team/management than ours 😉

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Probably ok actually. Burn into CB and Targett at LB was extremely solid for the last 5 months of last season. Wilson to replace Isak is not a disaster either. 

Their last 4 games are just so easy man. Maybe West Ham or Bournemouth will have something to play for but they are not good teams.

Their next 4 are tricky given the injuries. If they lose a couple perhaps i'll be more interested in them.

If Maxi is back in full training next week and everyone else stays fit - we should finish 3rd.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Their last 4 games are just so easy man. Maybe West Ham or Bournemouth will have something to play for but they are not good teams.

Their next 4 are tricky given the injuries. If they lose a couple perhaps i'll be more interested in them.

If Maxi is back in full training next week and everyone else stays fit - we should finish 3rd.

He’s been good recently, but I think you’re putting too much importance on ASM. We can certainly win with Joelinton / Willock down the left.

55 minutes ago, Froggy said:

hahahah.... They are invincible!!

For the run in it certainly plays to our advantage, just hoping Kane gets a metatarsal or something similar:celb1:

43 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

He’s been good recently, but I think you’re putting too much importance on ASM. We can certainly win with Joelinton / Willock down the left.

Nah I think ASM is crucial.

No other player is anywhere close to being as creative as ASM. Not even close. It's borne out in the stats.

Our downturn in form coincided with him and Isak being out the team and our uptick when they came back.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nah I think ASM is crucial.

No other player is anywhere close to being as creative as ASM. Not even close. It's borne out in the stats.

Our downturn in form coincided with him and Isak being out the team and our uptick when they came back.

Also bruno [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Smal said:

Probably ok actually. Burn into CB and Targett at LB was extremely solid for the last 5 months of last season. Wilson to replace Isak is not a disaster either. 

With that team we finished 3rd in the form table last season, so don't think Froggy's point holds much merit. Man U are shite and fortunate we got screwed by VAR so early in the season otherwise we'd be well ahead of them.

Edited by ShoTime

17 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

Also bruno [emoji38]

Yes. From the players that get regular minutes it's only Burn, Murphy and one of Joelinton, Willock & Longstaff, one of Almiron or Gordon that we could absorb an injury too without significant impact.

The rest of the defence + Pope, Bruno, Wilson, Isak, ASM - there's no decent replacement. There's a massive drop in quality when these are out.

If Miggy / another wide player is going to score 6 in 9 again - aye he won't be missed much.

The likelihood of that happening isn't very high though is it?

In that run Miggy was over performing his Xg significantly. While ASM - this season and throughout his time at Newcastle is a frequent source of chance creation. Creating 2 of our opening goals in the last 3 games.

His expected assists per game is only bettered by Trippier in our team. I will never understand why people are so keen to downplay him. We stormed the last 10 games of last season without Trippier - he's still critical to us though.

Edited by The College Dropout

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Top 4 form probably, like last season.

You're all getting a bit too literal. 

All we hear is how we're bad without Casemiro. Now we're bad without Rashford and/or Martinez. How many more players do you want to lump in? :lol:

But yes given that we have played more games than anyone else, are still fighting in every competition, and already have significant injuries and suspensions, losing Rashford and Martinez is a blow. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You're all getting a bit too literal. 

All we hear is how we're bad without Casemiro. Now we're bad without Rashford and/or Martinez. How many more players do you want to lump in? :lol:

But yes given that we have played more games than anyone else, are still fighting in every competition, and already have significant injuries and suspensions, losing Rashford and Martinez is a blow. :lol:

Both having great seasons, huge blow for you. Casemiro coming back will help, but still, those two out for a prolonged period hurts your CL chances. Sancho and others need to step up.