The Europeometer™ (2024/25)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

626 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I don't think any team besides Arsenal and City could deal with our first 10 minutes from yesterday. 

We do that against Brighton and Leicester we give ourselves a great chance. Let alone Leeds and Chelsea.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I don't think any team besides Arsenal and City could deal with our first 10 minutes from yesterday. 

We do that against Brighton and Leicester we give ourselves a great chance. Let alone Leeds and Chelsea.

Brighton are better than both at it, it's their M.O, they're just not as good once they're in front of goal.

The rest I agree though.

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Aye, if we can’t beat Leicester we deserve all we get 

I don't get the tone in stuff like this. 'deserve all we get'. Howay man. :lol:

If we don't beat Leicester we likely play Europa League and finish 5th. It's still a huge achievement.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we don't beat Leicester we likely play Europa League and finish 5th. It's still a huge achievement.

True but its like the Man City game. Beforehand you'd snap their hands off for a point, afterwards you're gutted to only get a point after being 3-1 up.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

You get his point though.

If we don't get 6 points from these fixtures, we don't really have an argument to say we deserve top 4.

Once the dust has settled, we could reflect on a 5th place finish as a success, albeit slightly tainted.

I actually said that I'd fancy us to win the Europa league, so there is that. ;)

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

All context though. Finishing 5th from this position would ruin me summer.

For about a month, then when we started signing worldies and we saw our Europa League group, you'd soon perk up. :aww:

Just now, ponsaelius said:

All context though. Finishing 5th from this position would ruin me summer.

It would be massively disappointing, but we've won 8 out of our last 10 games. To this point we've shown no signs of limping to the finish line.

Just now, STM said:

For about a month, then when we started signing worldies and we saw our Europa League group, you'd soon perk up. :aww:

Aye but in the Champs league we'd be able to sign galaxyies.

1 minute ago, STM said:

You get his point though.

If we don't get 6 points from these fixtures, we don't really have an argument to say we deserve top 4.

Once the dust has settled, we could reflect on a 5th place finish as a success, albeit slightly tainted.

I actually said that I'd fancy us to win the Europa league, so there is that. ;)

Nah I don't get it.

If we finish 5th it's because Liverpool have had a stormer of a finish and were better over 38 games. 

Anyone can have a bad run. I still think we'll finish 4th and have it secure before Chelsea but I don't get the negative undertones around finishing 5th.